2024 once in a lifetime Nebraska bull tag

Awesome bull man! Great job.

Was the picture of the gun set up before or after the shot? I am not sure i could have taken that pic after, would be way too blurry from the total body shakes i would have gotten.

OP
Austin Kaufman

Austin Kaufman

Lil-Rokslider
Awesome bull man! Great job.

Was the picture of the gun set up before or after the shot? I am not sure i could have taken that pic after, would be way too blurry from the total body shakes i would have gotten.

Haha that was afterwards!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Austin Kaufman

Austin Kaufman

Lil-Rokslider
I know a few of you guys were asking on this thread. I finally got around to putting a tape on this bull. I had him at 396 6/8” green gross score. I’ll definitely have him officially measured after drying period. Thinking he should be top 5 or 6 typical firearm bull in Nebraska.

jtg88

FNG
How did that ELD-M fare against an elk shoulder? I love the destruction a light jacketed cup and core bullet causes but have always been leery of bone impacts on larger species like elk.

OP
Austin Kaufman

Austin Kaufman

Lil-Rokslider
How did that ELD-M fare against an elk shoulder? I love the destruction a light jacketed cup and core bullet causes but have always been leery of bone impacts on larger species like elk.

Actually really well. I’ve used that 195 ELD-M on a lot of mule deer and 2 elk. Pushing them right at 3000 fps. The first shot punched a hole in flat thin part of shoulder and inside damage was bad. Found the rest of the bullet on opposite hide. The follow up shot when he tried to get up on other leg I hit him basically where scapula meets the main knuckle. That one broke the scapula really bad and the joint was gone. That bullet was in the off side shoulder.
9fa9c7fdfd6770eab6ea9fb50ac943f2.jpg

5cf30d16a3d63603dcd89bba5fbb120a.jpg

The elk we shot last year was a high lung shot and it put a softball size hole through the elk. My bull was 350 yards and the cow was 320. I’ll attach those photos below
0b52423617d0a4ee977eb8e376c0dce2.jpg

I have had very good luck on all the deer with the 195 out of my 300 win mag as well. We also shoot a lot of 162 ELD-X out of our 280 Ai and 140 ELD-M in a 6.5. Countless mule deer and a lot of whitetails as well. I have never been disappointed with performance yet!