2024 New Mexico Draw Results

CorbLand

WKR
After 20 years finally drew my first non archery quality deer tag. Mixed emotions though because both my boys got skunked. I realized today I’m at the stage in my life that I love helping and watching them fill their tags as much as hunting my own. I’ll enjoy mine this year, but will enjoy it more if they go with me.
Does NM have the option to mentor the tag over to your kids?

OP
505Wapiti

505Wapiti

WKR
Does NM have the option to mentor the tag over to your kids?
I’m not sure, but I can try the youth encouragement elk tags for them since they were unsuccessful or see what’s available leftover when those come out later.

COelk89

FNG
While drawing a tag in New Mexico is already hard as it is...announcing what units and hunt codes and such doesn't make it any easier. Anyone with some sense can use this information with little to no research. I understand people are excited they drew, but the best way to increase pressure is announce what and where you drew.

Rant over. Congrats on those who drew. We didn't.

F your rant. I drew a once in a lifetime tag. There's no secrets on the units I enter for, they are among the most famous units accross the west. Type in my unit and look at what pops up. The odds on my tag were between 1 and 2%. If you are putting I'm for the same tags as me and pitching about calling out units with those draw odds, you probably should consider your priorities for big game hunting mr delta duck man. Trust me, I don't need any Intel from you and I wasn't asking. This is a way of life for me and I play for keeps. Cry me a river and go shoot some ducks.

Last edited:

bergie

Lil-Rokslider
Elk in New Mexico is not once in a lifetime. You have just as good odds drawing next year as you did this year....that is unless the odds get substantially worse...but how would that happen anyway.

deltadukman

Lil-Rokslider
F your rant. I drew a once in a lifetime tag. There's no secrets on the units I enter for, they are among the most famous units accross the west. Type in my unit and look at what pops up. The odds on my tag were between 1 and 2%. If you are putting I'm for the same tags as me and pitching about calling out units with those draw odds, you probably should consider your priorities for big game hunting mr delta duck man. Trust me, I don't need any Intel from you and I wasn't asking. This is a way of life for me and I play for keeps. Cry me a river and go shoot some ducks.

Damn, calm down Cam Hanes. Drink your elk blood with Joe and keep hammering.

Mike76

FNG
Well Guys Ol Dad did not draw a 24-25 tag. But the Son did and he is literally bouncing off the walls. He drew a 16B first archery tag.
With the total months that we studied of each of the 3 units we put in for paid off and were very fortunate to draw on his first go around.
Elk hunting is not new for the Son and I by any means But NM is.
First, I want to show my appreciation by thanking all those that responded to my constant posts about these units in general. Thank you all so much and very well appreciated. All contacts were made by messaging each individual as I hear how most do not like throwing things out over the sites. Well, appreciated.
I have an outfitter for a drop and pack out for when a call is made.
Our outfitter goes in from the cliff dwelling and we will drop in from the Cliff Dwelling then a 9-mile ride to our drop.
If anyone knows anything about the area It would be well appreciated to hear a little knowledge about the area. Water, that I was so concerned about is no longer the issue as we will pack in the water needed.
Again, I thank this site and the hunters hear that give a helping hand for those who have never hunted NM.
Thank You Mike76