2024 Head-To-Head Bow Test - ELITE, HOYT, PSE, BOWTECH, PRIME - 6 Tests

Zach Herold

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hey everyone,

I'm excited to share with you the results of my highly anticipated 2024 Head-to-Head Bow Test! This year, I put five top-notch bows to the ultimate test: the ELITE ETHOS, HOYT ALPHA X, PSE MACH 30 DS, BOWTECH CORE SR, and the PRIME RVX. I've thoroughly evaluated these bows in six crucial categories to bring you an in-depth comparison that will help you choose the best bow for your needs. (Mathews, Obsession, Xpedition, and Gearhead were reached out to but their bows did not show up in time to be iuncluded in this specific test)

Here’s a sneak peek at what I tested:

1. Out of the Box Bow Weight - I checked the weight of each bow straight out of the box, giving you a clear idea of what you'll be handling in the field.
2. Draw Cycle Discussion - I analyzed the draw cycle of each bow, discussing the smoothness, consistency, features, and hand shock when shot.
3. Back Wall - A solid back wall is crucial for consistent shots. I evaluated the amount of movement each bow has in its back wall with roughly 17.2 lbs of pressure (17.2 lbs is the amount of pressure it takes for my tension release to break over.)
4. Sound Test - I measured the noise level of each bow upon release, crucial for those stealthy hunts.
5. Arrow Speed - Speed is a significant factor for many archers. I tested arrow speeds at different draw lengths to see how each bow performs.
6. Shootability - Ultimately, shootability can make or break a bow. I tested how each bow feels and performs shooting from 20 yards to 80 yards. I then measured the three shot groups and recorded the averages.

My video review, launching around June 1st, will dive deep into these tests and provide you with detailed insights and conclusions. Whether you're looking to upgrade your current setup or curious about the latest gear, this video will give you all the information you need to make an informed decision.

Stay tuned, mark your calendars, and be ready to join the discussion once the video goes live. I can't wait to hear your thoughts and see which bow emerges as your favorite!

Happy shooting,

Zach Herold - Adventure Off Script

@robby denning

Attachments

• V1_24_H2H_BowTest.00_00_46_21.Still006.jpg
    V1_24_H2H_BowTest.00_00_46_21.Still006.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 45
  • V1_24_H2H_BowTest.00_02_14_09.Still005.jpg
    V1_24_H2H_BowTest.00_02_14_09.Still005.jpg
    174.5 KB · Views: 45
  • V1_24_H2H_BowTest.00_06_30_03.Still004.jpg
    V1_24_H2H_BowTest.00_06_30_03.Still004.jpg
    243.8 KB · Views: 46
  • V1_24_H2H_BowTest.00_07_16_23.Still003.jpg
    V1_24_H2H_BowTest.00_07_16_23.Still003.jpg
    160.4 KB · Views: 49
  • V1_24_H2H_BowTest.00_09_36_08.Still002.jpg
    V1_24_H2H_BowTest.00_09_36_08.Still002.jpg
    202.4 KB · Views: 50
  • V1_24_H2H_BowTest.00_11_40_13.Still001.jpg
    V1_24_H2H_BowTest.00_11_40_13.Still001.jpg
    344 KB · Views: 47

ELKhunter60

Lil-Rokslider
Some interesting stuff. The only test I had a little heartburn with was the arrow groups - and I've seen this before on other reviews. The arrow group data is presented with it implied that the person shooting the bow has no influence over how good the groups are. While I have no doubt Zach is an excellent shot, those groups - especially out at long ranges - will have some shooter influence. But overall I appreciated the review. Thank you.

JohnnyNS

FNG
Hey everyone,

I'm excited to share with you the results of my highly anticipated 2024 Head-to-Head Bow Test! This year, I put five top-notch bows to the ultimate test: the ELITE ETHOS, HOYT ALPHA X, PSE MACH 30 DS, BOWTECH CORE SR, and the PRIME RVX. I've thoroughly evaluated these bows in six crucial categories to bring you an in-depth comparison that will help you choose the best bow for your needs. (Mathews, Obsession, Xpedition, and Gearhead were reached out to but their bows did not show up in time to be iuncluded in this specific test)

Here’s a sneak peek at what I tested:

1. Out of the Box Bow Weight - I checked the weight of each bow straight out of the box, giving you a clear idea of what you'll be handling in the field.
2. Draw Cycle Discussion - I analyzed the draw cycle of each bow, discussing the smoothness, consistency, features, and hand shock when shot.
3. Back Wall - A solid back wall is crucial for consistent shots. I evaluated the amount of movement each bow has in its back wall with roughly 17.2 lbs of pressure (17.2 lbs is the amount of pressure it takes for my tension release to break over.)
4. Sound Test - I measured the noise level of each bow upon release, crucial for those stealthy hunts.
5. Arrow Speed - Speed is a significant factor for many archers. I tested arrow speeds at different draw lengths to see how each bow performs.
6. Shootability - Ultimately, shootability can make or break a bow. I tested how each bow feels and performs shooting from 20 yards to 80 yards. I then measured the three shot groups and recorded the averages.

My video review, launching around June 1st, will dive deep into these tests and provide you with detailed insights and conclusions. Whether you're looking to upgrade your current setup or curious about the latest gear, this video will give you all the information you need to make an informed decision.

Stay tuned, mark your calendars, and be ready to join the discussion once the video goes live. I can't wait to hear your thoughts and see which bow emerges as your favorite!

Happy shooting,

Zach Herold - Adventure Off Script

@robby denning
no APA?