2024 DIY Muskox in July

Ophert

FNG
My 2024 Muskox. Did it DIY, boated in about 130km one way on my 16 ft Lund. Great Lake trout fishing as well. Big lone bull. Have a Dall sheep / caribou hunt next week and then about 4 days of boreal woodland caribou hunting after that. Also booked about 16 days off for moose hunting in September but we’ll see what my freezer is looking like depending on success in the coming weeks 🤣
IMG_2505.jpegIMG_9965.jpeg

I know a lady in Arizona did a Musk Ox hunt in the N.W. Territories some years ago. She claimed it was the best meat she ever ate!

Would love to hear more of the story if you have time! Seems like an amazing adventure! Goodluck on your upcoming hunts as well

Slick8

Lil-Rokslider
Great looking bull, I too would love to hear more of the story. I've never known them to be anything but wide open tundra animals.

Sounds like you have a decade worth of hunts packed into a few months. Best of luck to ya and post up more about your season.

jzeblaz

WKR
My 2024 Muskox. Did it DIY, boated in about 130km one way on my 16 ft Lund. Great Lake trout fishing as well. Big lone bull. Have a Dall sheep / caribou hunt next week and then about 4 days of boreal woodland caribou hunting after that. Also booked about 16 days off for moose hunting in September but we’ll see what my freezer is looking like depending on success in the coming weeks 🤣
View attachment 742618View attachment 742620
Congrats! Magnificent bull. Good luck in the rest of your season and budget for another freezer if necessary. :)

FAAFO

Lil-Rokslider
Awesome bull! Those mainland ox are a different beast compared to the Greenland/Alaska ones.