2024 Colorado OTC Archery Elk craziness?

cnelk

WKR
With 2024 being the last year for OTC Archery Elk for NonRes, will it be a shitshow in the woods?

Even more than it has been?

COJoe

Lil-Rokslider
I was up the mountain a week ago and saw tents and camps already set up at trailheads, two plus weeks before the season.... maybe that's just normal though.

Bet they just create a hunt code like E-E-999-NR-A and issue 15,000. Valid in all current OTC units. They will go 2nd, 3rd, and 4th choice and there will be 5,000 leftover after the primary draw. Preference point attained and an OTC secured.

Hard to say. I’m wondering how opening week is going to be with the Monday start. Less residents I’d think, and less people in general.

LostArra

WKR
Previously crowded areas will be crowded again this season and in future seasons. It's the new normal.

My daughters are in their 30's and 40's. Every time I ask about one of their high school friends the answer is usually "moved to Colorado".

dylanvb

Lil-Rokslider
Only tents I have seen in the woods have been from those remote workers who overland. Non of them looked like hunters to me. I do agree with OP though, I feel like people will get in before they cant next year.

Elkhntr08

WKR
Thankfully the unit we’re in hasn’t been OTC for a couple years. Still plenty of tags handed out.

Im trying to stay positive but my back country spot had 9 vehicles, the normal big Camp isn’t there yet. Not one CO plate.

dylanvb

Lil-Rokslider
New spot had no one then the day we were leaving had 4-6 cars can’t remember but majority were CO with 2 being out of state. we did run into a couple out of state hunters on trail that parked at a different area.