2024 co elk recaps

Theres quite a few more on those sheets... whats weird is this unit for a cow tag the next season had two more people with 16 or 18 points a piece also draw....

am i missing out on trophy cow elk hunts?
Could be grandpa applying with a group that's putting in for a mix of bull and cow tags. Grandpa is sitting on a ton of points, wants to hunt with his kids/grandkids who don't have many points, and knows he has a better chance of finding a cow than a bull.🤷‍♂️

Could be grandpa applying with a group that's putting in for a mix of bull and cow tags. Grandpa is sitting on a ton of points, wants to hunt with his kids/grandkids who don't have many points, and knows he has a better chance of finding a cow than a bull.🤷‍♂️
That's true. I think I'm going to chalk about 90% of it to people are stupid.

PredatoronthePrairie

Lil-Rokslider
Jeez. Is it just me. Or did a higher percentage of the tags go in the draw this year. Seems like the leftover tag list should be slimmer than in past years.

Edit. Should add, looks like I drew my 1st choice tag by the skin of my teeth. Feel fortunate.

Tick

WKR
Depressing. 2 point jump in a unit I killed in last season. It was an every other year draw just a few years ago and now closer to once a decade.

Thanks for posting the link to this sheet. I looked this morning, but it wasn't up yet.

I burned my nine resident points this year on an archery tag.

I always see those head scratchers where a guy uses a ton of preference for something he could have got as a second choice.

I think it's typically a mistake in applications or like has been stated, a total lack of understanding how the draw works.

A friend of mine always puts in for the same tag (10+ points) because he says "there's always a chance." Except there's not...

I usually hunt a low point/low success unit and every year someone drops a motherload on archery or muzzleloader deer. I’m willing to bet it’s that they scouted a lot of units, found a toad, and threw the points at it anyway.
The cow elk though.. umm… yeah no clue 😆

This one gets me every year - silly people using 6+ PPs when the tags go to second choice
Amazing how people just don't understand how the draw works at all. Saw a fella in a Colorado hunting facebook group that was blasting CPW for his tag costing 9 points... Turns out this is him 😆

Attachments

• COdraw.png
    COdraw.png
    61.5 KB · Views: 103
I always see those head scratchers where a guy uses a ton of preference for something he could have got as a second choice.

I think it's typically a mistake in applications or like has been stated, a total lack of understanding how the draw works.

A friend of mine always puts in for the same tag (10+ points) because he says "there's always a chance." Except there's not...
He could be right, at least as a resident. Some of the high point units have a limit (10-15% I think) allocated at random so people have “hope” of drawing. I just used 16 points on an archery tag, the drown out minimum, and some lucky individuals got the same tag at 6pts

He could be right, at least as a resident. Some of the high point units have a limit (10-15% I think) allocated at random so people have “hope” of drawing. I just used 16 points on an archery tag, the drown out minimum, and some lucky individuals got the same tag at 6pts

Yea, that's the hybrid draw. 👍