2024 Co deer recaps

HuntandFly

Lil-Rokslider
Nothing like a little 2-3 point jump on every single 3rd rifle hunt you have been eyeing to make you realize that it’s all becoming “OIL”

NICKJ

WKR
Will point creep go down next year when the seasons reset or continue to creep?

HuntandFly

Lil-Rokslider
My only hope is that this creep was exacerbated by 75/25 across the board. That being said, nothing is stopping CO from deciding to go more like 90/10 in the future like many other states

roadhntr

FNG
Nothing like a little 2-3 point jump on every single 3rd rifle hunt you have been eyeing to make you realize that it’s all becoming “OIL”
The units I've been looking at didn't really increase at all. Which was a relief.

Unit I'd been eyeing has went up a point every year recently and continued to stay a point ahead of me. Luckily I picked a different unit and hit it just right.

poboy2214

FNG
The doe tag I applied for our 15 year old went from 95% odds with zero points to less than 50%. That’s baffling to me, that area wasn’t even hit hard by winterkill or drought the past few years. No tag for her 😢 Hopefully something comes up in the secondary draw

ReaptheHeat

Lil-Rokslider
Wolves --> people coming out of the woodwork and burning points
Winterkill/population targets --> lots of units had tags cut. Some cut almost to 0 tags per season.

crowlja

FNG
There was also alot of tags cut due to the winter kill last year. But I would estimate that point creep will only go up. But also depends on what tags/unit/season your looking at...