2024 Antelope meatpole

hunterjmj

WKR
Been waiting over a year for mine from last year. Hope it looks as good as yours.
The same guy has done all my Europeans the last three years. Never been over a week turnaround. He said he changed a few things this year to get the skulls a bit more whiter.

Rich M

WKR
for a euro?!?! Is he doing it in Europe?
3 of us - one guy wanted a shoulder mnt, other 2 wanted euro's.

The shoulder mount guy was trying to get with taxi over winter and we contacted outfitter in June - says hide is getting tanned and euros are basically done. They will be completed and sent in order received.

So, here it is a little over a year later and I've still not heard from taxi other than going thru outfitter back in June. Pretty shitty but is what it is. Must be a long line taxi is working thru.

hunterjmj

WKR
That's not unusual with taxidermists from what I hear. A gal who has done shoulder mounts for us tells us up front it'll be 1-2 years. I'm fine with it since she is honest about the time and she does fantastic work.

Here's the start of my big game season. I took this doe at 540 yards. There were many firsts for me this hunt.
  1. New hunt unit. It was fantastic and I hope I draw there again soon.
  2. New game cart was put into use. Awesome. It can be found Here.
  3. New Leica Geovid R binoculars were put into use. I will never go back to a monocular rangefinder again.
  4. First kill with my Tikka CTR .308 with a 4-16 ATACR. This gun is dial, point, and shoot. It's hits everything effortlessly.
  5. New bullet used. Sierra 155 TMK. It kills stuff.
  6. First coyote killed. I actually shot two on this hunt. Both DRT with rifle and bullet mentioned above.
  7. New bipod. I have the new Gunwerks bipod. It's outstanding. I was able to take my shot from a seated position with my backpack under the stock in the rear.
  8. First time using a suppressor on a hunt. So satisfying taking the shot, looking through the scope, seeing impact, and then clearly hearing the whack of the bullet.
Out of the four of us, two of us tagged out. We simply ran out of time as we only had two days to hunt. Back to work…yay…

IMG_9349.jpeg

Marshfly

WKR
Wife and I made a couple's trip to fill our tags on Montana opening weekend. She filled both of hers and I got a buck. I kept my B tag unfilled so I could hunt with my son while he fills his two this weekend. Super fun trip and my wife's first two big game animals to make it even better.

IMG_5536.jpegIMG_5526.jpegIMG_1696.jpeg