2024 Antelope meatpole

TurkeyReaper69

Lil-Rokslider
2024 New Mexico draw tag, October hunt.

Was pretty disappointed in the unit I drew, I only saw 3 legal bucks the entire time (on private from road as well) while logging over 350 miles on truck on 1.5 scouting days. With the extremely low draw odds, I'd gotten in my head that I'd be passing up a lot of goats looking for the right one.

I saw a good amount of groups of does with no bucks, I assume a lot of dead bucks from earlier hunts.

I did miss a better antelope I had eyes on opening morning, unfortunately after missing I tried to circle around on him and ended up running him onto private land never to return.

I would go back to this unit (if I ever drew again) if it was one of the earlier seasons.

Maybe this is normal and I was spoiled with the amount of antelope I saw on a 2nd choice tag in WY last year. Idk, this was only my 2nd antelope hunt.

Either way a great time spent with my hunting bud who joined me, can't complain and am thankful for the opportunity.Messenger_creation_027af2ee-9cf7-416b-953e-45fed39f6ee4~2.jpeg

YellCoAR

Lil-Rokslider
2024 New Mexico draw tag, October hunt.

Was pretty disappointed in the unit I drew, I only saw 3 legal bucks the entire time (on private from road as well) while logging over 350 miles on truck on 1.5 scouting days. With the extremely low draw odds, I'd gotten in my head that I'd be passing up a lot of goats looking for the right one.

I saw a good amount of groups of does with no bucks, I assume a lot of dead bucks from earlier hunts.

I did miss a better antelope I had eyes on opening morning, unfortunately after missing I tried to circle around on him and ended up running him onto private land never to return.

I would go back to this unit (if I ever drew again) if it was one of the earlier seasons.

Maybe this is normal and I was spoiled with the amount of antelope I saw on a 2nd choice tag in WY last year. Idk, this was only my 2nd antelope hunt.

Either way a great time spent with my hunting bud who joined me, can't complain and am thankful for the opportunity.View attachment 775717
I think this the future for New Mexico with unlimited private land owner tags. I had a tag during the prior season.