2023 Official Western Hunting Expo thread

hunterjmj

WKR
Did a quick pass through this evening. It definitely got bigger this year. Picked up a new grid fleece jacket from SKRE. Looking forward to checking it all out this weekend.

sndmn11

WKR
@svivian the Nacho store was worth it.

The highlight of my day was running into @Ryan Avery and brainstorming a Razor LHT play date with @Ucsdryder and @Formidilosus.

I'm impressed with what this show has become and it is my first year really walking it rather than working a booth. I spied some new products that I think are a marked improvement, and a lot of companies are doing things right.

Ucsdryder

WKR

The highlight of my day was running into @Ryan Avery and brainstorming a Razor LHT play date with @Ucsdryder and @Formidilosus.

I'm impressed with what this show has become and it is my first year really walking it rather than working a booth. I spied some new products that I think are a marked improvement, and a lot of companies are doing things right.
🙄A22A39D4-8B5B-4BC7-AEFD-3B2C6EA501BF.jpeg

Last edited:

svivian

WKR

Just had my French dip. Going for the Nachos tomorrow

Kurts86

WKR
Has anyone checked out the Sako booth and S20 update? Hopefully it’s more than just a First Lite Hydro dip but realistically that’s probably the case.

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved
I really want to go and see the cool stuff, but it also seems like almost everything that is wrong with hunting is wrapped up in a nice bow at that show. Or maybe I’ve just reached the get off my lawn age.

That is definitely a quandary. I want to go solely for a chance to draw one of the NR tags they stole. But when I put in for them, I am supporting “the enemy”…

Mhopper5

Lil-Rokslider
Requirements for entrance is based on your age bracket.

24 and under. Flat bill fire bull hat, mullet sticking out the back perfectly maintained. Square toed ariats with bedazzled jeans. Pants must be tucked into your boots. Boots must be clean and be able to provide proof that they were purchased with no intent of ever getting them dirty. 12 valve or 24 valve Cummins that has never pulled anything heavier than the drag the tailgate creates. Bonus points if you have 20s with low profile tires if it’s newer than a 3rd gen. Can only talk about all the deer and elk you have on the 200 cameras you have on the mountain.

25 to 35. Something firstlite, kuiu or Sitka. All matching if you have multiple. Crispi hiking boots or shoes. Perfectly manicured beard. Most likely a hat but fully exposed hair or slightly balding is acceptable. Nothing older than a 2015 and must be Tacoma or tundra. Black rims and no scratches or proof it has ever left the pavement. Only allowed to talk about the organic meat you provide for your family every five years when you kill a forky.

36 to 47. Schmedium affliction shirts. Bedazzled jeans with a set of clean Jordan’s. Must spend more time at the gym than you do hunting. Only allowed to be in the mossback booth. Bonus points for your tribal tattoo peaking out the sleeve of your shirt. 2017 or new Chevy 1500. Lifted 4 inches and the tires have to stick out a minimum of 3 inches. Only talk about all the 180-190 bucks you pass on general season units because he “just isn’t what I am looking for.”

47 and up. Your too old to be hip and cool. Entrance is only allowed because it would be considered discrimination. Tennis balls on your walker. Only allowed to speak of the best denture paste and diapers for hiking in.

Sorry boys, I don’t make the rules.
Poetry. You must write for dude perfect stereotypes. I hope I see the rage monster at the show.