2023 Official Western Hunting Expo thread

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thursday can be tricky as some vendors are still setting up shop. Sunday less people for sure. Friday early is probably the most relaxed time during the whole weekend.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved
It’s a very good show. Great cross section. If I could have found a decent flight I’d be there just to put in for tags.

sndmn11

WKR
This is the first year I'm not working a booth, so I am excited.

I also made dinner reservations for the Nacho store down street, so that makes me double excited.

svivian

WKR
There’s a pub I hit that has the best French dip and I can’t remember the name just know where to walk. But I may have to hit that for lunch or dinner tomorrow

CorbLand

WKR
SLC local planning on hitting up the show at least one day. In past attendee's opinions, which days are least busy? I'm assuming Saturday is the busiest.
First thing Friday is what I have always shot for but I haven’t been any other days to compare.

I think I'm leaning towards Sunday now. I was looking forward to calling out of work to go today or tomorrow, but svivian brought up that possibility of last-day deals, and I figure with it being Utah and all lots of people will be busy going to church Sunday morning instead (or out-of-towners will be hungover from partying Saturday night)!

OP
Travis Bertrand

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member
Day 1 at the show! Where would you like us to stop and check out?

Cool new belt from ridge belts.
Booth#5161

cc6fdf4f5587fa3887bb40103ae0feac.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Travis Bertrand

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member
Looks like Wiser precision hinted at a couple new products and one may have been a bipod attachment for arca swiss (xlr chassis)?

Super cool stuff from wiser.

Pulleys and arca adapters and clamps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Talking $1400 tripods at the outdoorsman‘s booth.

3C53CA62-E036-4E90-A885-A38BF7B26170.jpeg

This is their Innegra 100% made in USA, it is stiff! And light.

There are three sizes: compact, standard, and tall,

I’m gonna be reviewing one of these and they told me I can’t break this thing.

And there’s a mirror image version in aluminum for each size in the event you want to have some money left over for groceries.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
@robby denning was that a challenge to try and break it or was it a “you can play with it, but don’t be to hard on it”
actually both! Mark said he’s got bruises on his legs from trying to snap a leg in half

The way that the carbon fiber is wrapped around the Innegra makes it super strong, but on the other hand if you do break a leg, you have to replace the entire thing not just a section and he said it would probably be around 400 bucks so I think he saying in so many words “don’t break it”

After the show, they said I can take this tripod and I can start using it. I’ll start a thread and let you guys know once I get some time on it.

Requirements for entrance is based on your age bracket.

24 and under. Flat bill fire bull hat, mullet sticking out the back perfectly maintained. Square toed ariats with bedazzled jeans. Pants must be tucked into your boots. Boots must be clean and be able to provide proof that they were purchased with no intent of ever getting them dirty. 12 valve or 24 valve Cummins that has never pulled anything heavier than the drag the tailgate creates. Bonus points if you have 20s with low profile tires if it’s newer than a 3rd gen. Can only talk about all the deer and elk you have on the 200 cameras you have on the mountain.

25 to 35. Something firstlite, kuiu or Sitka. All matching if you have multiple. Crispi hiking boots or shoes. Perfectly manicured beard. Most likely a hat but fully exposed hair or slightly balding is acceptable. Nothing older than a 2015 and must be Tacoma or tundra. Black rims and no scratches or proof it has ever left the pavement. Only allowed to talk about the organic meat you provide for your family every five years when you kill a forky.

36 to 47. Schmedium affliction shirts. Bedazzled jeans with a set of clean Jordan’s. Must spend more time at the gym than you do hunting. Only allowed to be in the mossback booth. Bonus points for your tribal tattoo peaking out the sleeve of your shirt. 2017 or new Chevy 1500. Lifted 4 inches and the tires have to stick out a minimum of 3 inches. Only talk about all the 180-190 bucks you pass on general season units because he “just isn’t what I am looking for.”

47 and up. Your too old to be hip and cool. Entrance is only allowed because it would be considered discrimination. Tennis balls on your walker. Only allowed to speak of the best denture paste and diapers for hiking in.

Sorry boys, I don’t make the rules.
I just got back from the expo and it’s hilarious how accurate this really is 😂😂