2023 Official Western Hunting Expo thread

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for the invite I definitely plan and swinging by your booth to say hello. Yea the big bucks and talk of big bucks or about bigger bucks is the reason to go!

Also I am working on a wardrobe I think is acceptable - this is where I am at so far going to bedazzle the shorts! 👍👊

View attachment 505072

As far as Travis = well it seems I do what I can to keep him from getting a buck.. Or when we go out huntin we eat good Mexican, have fun, see good sunrises and in the end eat tags. Then he leaves me behind and goes out w just his family and his daughter slams a stud!!

Not hard to see where the problem is 😂

All joking aside looking forward to talking w you guys.
Lol 😂.
The wardrobe could be a trendsetter at expo. They’re due for a change

And oh, we don’t have a booth.

CHL

Lil-Rokslider
Fun show for sure. Just hoping for another heads/tails game win and Sheep hunt to boot!

CorbLand

WKR
Thanks for the invite I definitely plan and swinging by your booth to say hello. Yea the big bucks and talk of big bucks or about bigger bucks is the reason to go!

Also I am working on a wardrobe I think is acceptable - this is where I am at so far going to bedazzle the shorts! 👍👊

View attachment 505072

As far as Travis = well it seems I do what I can to keep him from getting a buck.. Or when we go out huntin we eat good Mexican, have fun, see good sunrises and in the end eat tags. Then he leaves me behind and goes out w just his family and his daughter slams a stud!!

Not hard to see where the problem is 😂

All joking aside looking forward to talking w you guys.
Surface area of the shorts is too small and doesn’t allow for enough bedazzling. Enterance will most likely be denied.

hunterjmj

WKR
SLC locals,

Red Iguana, Chunga's, Julia's, or other non-mexican suggestion?
If you have small kids the food court a couple blocks east has a ton of choices and a big play area. Ok one of nice to sit and eat while the kids blow off steam.

Requirements for entrance is based on your age bracket.

24 and under. Flat bill fire bull hat, mullet sticking out the back perfectly maintained. Square toed ariats with bedazzled jeans. Pants must be tucked into your boots. Boots must be clean and be able to provide proof that they were purchased with no intent of ever getting them dirty. 12 valve or 24 valve Cummins that has never pulled anything heavier than the drag the tailgate creates. Bonus points if you have 20s with low profile tires if it’s newer than a 3rd gen. Can only talk about all the deer and elk you have on the 200 cameras you have on the mountain.

25 to 35. Something firstlite, kuiu or Sitka. All matching if you have multiple. Crispi hiking boots or shoes. Perfectly manicured beard. Most likely a hat but fully exposed hair or slightly balding is acceptable. Nothing older than a 2015 and must be Tacoma or tundra. Black rims and no scratches or proof it has ever left the pavement. Only allowed to talk about the organic meat you provide for your family every five years when you kill a forky.

36 to 47. Schmedium affliction shirts. Bedazzled jeans with a set of clean Jordan’s. Must spend more time at the gym than you do hunting. Only allowed to be in the mossback booth. Bonus points for your tribal tattoo peaking out the sleeve of your shirt. 2017 or new Chevy 1500. Lifted 4 inches and the tires have to stick out a minimum of 3 inches. Only talk about all the 180-190 bucks you pass on general season units because he “just isn’t what I am looking for.”

47 and up. Your too old to be hip and cool. Entrance is only allowed because it would be considered discrimination. Tennis balls on your walker. Only allowed to speak of the best denture paste and diapers for hiking in.

Sorry boys, I don’t make the rules.
You nailed that perfectly!

OP
Travis Bertrand

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member
Did you know that the Expo is also supported by "UTAH-Life Elevated", the State of Utah's Travel and Tourism Department. The State of Utah has a vested interest in the success of this Hunting Expo, and that's partially why it has grown to the size it has over the past 15 years!

Just goes to show you how cool Utah is as a state. Not many states support hunting these days!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ten Bears

WKR
If Crispi or Sitka have booths there this week can you guys see what they have coming for this year ? Heard some chirping about na updated Apex line ?

SLC local planning on hitting up the show at least one day. In past attendee's opinions, which days are least busy? I'm assuming Saturday is the busiest.

svivian

WKR
Tomorrow or sunday would be good. I only say sunday because sometimes you can find deals from the vendors who dont want to pack stuff and take it home with them.