2023 NRL Hunter Match Schedule

tak

WKR
I decided it’s time to get more serious about positional shooting. Going to start running a lot more Kraft drills and shooting positions at distance.

Built this barricade/ prop this afternoon with some 2x4s that have been sitting around.
1ed5a42a681ca7050553467664e16d52.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
5199ff36efd9b1464747f25cfc8e87ad.jpg

looks pretty good!
I'll be shooting the Oklahoma match as well. I'd recommend not doing skills, and just doing the full match entry. You'll do fine for a 'first match' if you've shot 3 gun before. It's weird with the stages being blind, but you'll be fine. The Oklahoma match last year was my first one, and I shot 2 more. It's been my favorite match/discipline by far.

Where do you normally shoot? I'm out toward Weatherford. I've done some makeshift mock stages with the props up at fossil pointe, and also go to the way out west range.

Anyone planning on going to Iowa? If I can get my rifle to make power factor I’m coming.

Was considering but it's not at a very good time. Expecting to have a lot of trees to plant around those dates and cant let bare root trees just sit around out of the ground.

I wonder if it's realistic for a guy to sign up a couple weeks beforehand or if things will be full at that time?

I don't have an ideal rifle either but my 7 SAUM or 300 wm hunting rifles would definitely make power factor.

kharb22

Lil-Rokslider
Was considering but it's not at a very good time. Expecting to have a lot of trees to plant around those dates and cant let bare root trees just sit around out of the ground.

I wonder if it's realistic for a guy to sign up a couple weeks beforehand or if things will be full at that time?

I don't have an ideal rifle either but my 7 SAUM or 300 wm hunting rifles would definitely make power factor.
I shot my 7 SAUM in a 1 day hunter match and it was fun. I did decide to spin a 6.5 PRC barrel for it though, since my SAUM barrels are carbon and I want to save them for hunting.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

looks pretty good!
I'll be shooting the Oklahoma match as well. I'd recommend not doing skills, and just doing the full match entry. You'll do fine for a 'first match' if you've shot 3 gun before. It's weird with the stages being blind, but you'll be fine. The Oklahoma match last year was my first one, and I shot 2 more. It's been my favorite match/discipline by far.

Where do you normally shoot? I'm out toward Weatherford. I've done some makeshift mock stages with the props up at fossil pointe, and also go to the way out west range.

I’m already registered for skills, why do recommend against it?

I shoot at my mom’s place near thorp springs, I have plates out there

Lawnboi

WKR

If I can’t get my 6.5cm to shoot 147s well I’ll be shooting a bdl 3006.

I’m curious to see how full it gets

tak

WKR
I’m already registered for skills, why do recommend against it?

I shoot at my mom’s place near thorp springs, I have plates out there

Just that I bet you'll be more competitive than you think, and you'll get a shot at the prize table.
Didn't mean to make it sound negative.
You'll have a blast either way!

kharb22

Lil-Rokslider
The Leupold Relentless Rifleman in Oregon opened up registration today. I think this one filled up pretty quickly last year.

kharb22

Lil-Rokslider
I got signed up for this one, and the High Desert Hunter. I'm waiting for Whitetail Madness to open up. I talked to Seth Saturday and Mountain Home match will be in a new venue, which should be really cool. Seth and Brian are pretty awesome MD's, and I'll definitely shoot their match.

ID_Matt

WKR
I got signed up for this one, and the High Desert Hunter. I'm waiting for Whitetail Madness to open up. I talked to Seth Saturday and Mountain Home match will be in a new venue, which should be really cool. Seth and Brian are pretty awesome MD's, and I'll definitely shoot their match.

Nice meeting you at the match last weekend.

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member
The MDT Hunter Challenge is coming up quick! It is February 24-26. I spoke with one of the match directors last night and there are still spots available. Come join Crossley and I in Arbuckle California. I promise it will be a great time!

911d507efb325b52fc3e348f47c1ee52.jpg

OP
Justin Crossley

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
We need to start setting up a Rokslide meet up at these NRL Hunter 2 day matches.

@Travis Bertrand and I will both be at the California MDT match as he mentioned above.

We should be at the sign-in area most of Friday afternoon if anyone wants to stop by and say hi. I'll be sure to wear my Rokslide sweatshirt.

I hope to see a bunch of Rokslide guys and gals there.

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member
@Travis Bertrand and I will both be at the California MDT match as he mentioned above.

We should be at the sign-in area most of Friday afternoon if anyone wants to stop by and say hi. I'll be sure to wear my Rokslide sweatshirt.

I hope to see a bunch of Rokslide guys and gals there.
I will not be there friday at sign in as I am going to RO this match! but definitely will be around..