2023 Elite Omnia Flagship Bow

JStol5

WKR
Not to open a can of worms but I shot the Omnia and a PSE Mach 34 and preferred the omnia by a huge margin..

WKR
The SET system is a game changer in my book. I too used to shoot an E35 for years, great bow!!! but man shimming cams got super old.
Agreed. The SET system is the only reason I'm considering upgrading from my GT500.

I'm getting really excited to shoot this bow. Also excited to see Elite's carbon bow and what Bowtech has going on this year.

JStol5

WKR
What makes you prefer the Elite? Grip, draw cycle, etc?

Jeremy
I believe I shot the S2 cam for reference- elite was quieter, draw was much smoother at the same weight, more solid back wall, and less vibration. But the PSE felt a bit more stable, probable because it’s longer.

Noogman

FNG
Hoping to go try this out at my local shop pretty soon. Love all the technology, including the draw length and let-off adjustments.

Don't know if it'll make me get rid of my Vertix, but maybe I can pick one up in the classifieds for cheap in a year.

JStol5

WKR
After what Bowtech released today, the Omnia looks like a front runner.
Pretty underwhelming. The carbon bow is horrendously ugly and the 34 is good looking but expensive. And they charge you $100 more if you want #80 limbs.

I agree. After the Bowtech release, the Omnia is still my frontrunner to shoot. I do like the new cam features on the R36. I'm sure timelock will make it onto next year's hunting bows.

I think Mathews releases next week. And I'm pretty sure I read Hoyt is sticking with the RX7 and RX7U this year.

JStol5

WKR
I agree. After the Bowtech release, the Omnia is still my frontrunner to shoot. I do like the new cam features on the R36. I'm sure timelock will make it onto next year's hunting bows.

I think Mathews releases next week. And I'm pretty sure I read Hoyt is sticking with the RX7 and RX7U this year.
Hoyt has “new” aluminum bows coming, too.

Pilarczyk85

Lil-Rokslider
I hunt the Elite Envision and I got to shoot the omnia recently. Holy shit..... Might have to get one.

Zak406

Lil-Rokslider
Shot the Omnia, era, and vtm 31 today.

The omnia was oddly heavy. And wasn’t a fan of the draw (I am an elite guy currently shoot a e32). The Omnia was smoking fast though. I rank this 3

The era despite having the same cams was much better. Great finish looked great shot great. Seemed to shoot fast as well. My guess is the difference in brace height helped with the draw. I rank this 1 a or b

The Hoyt vtm it has a great draw didn’t seem as fast as the era or Omnia but not slow either(shot all at 60 lb 27.5-28 dl). I rank this 1 a or b as well

I will probably end up with the Hoyt. However the era and Omnia both have better finishes and look better by far. The Hoyt has the smoothest draw.

highside74

Lil-Rokslider
I still have and shoot an E35. Nobody has made anything in the last 10 years that has made me feel I need to switch.

Shot the Omnia, era, and vtm 31 today.

The omnia was oddly heavy. And wasn’t a fan of the draw (I am an elite guy currently shoot a e32). The Omnia was smoking fast though. I rank this 3

The era despite having the same cams was much better. Great finish looked great shot great. Seemed to shoot fast as well. My guess is the difference in brace height helped with the draw. I rank this 1 a or b

The Hoyt vtm it has a great draw didn’t seem as fast as the era or Omnia but not slow either(shot all at 60 lb 27.5-28 dl). I rank this 1 a or b as well

I will probably end up with the Hoyt. However the era and Omnia both have better finishes and look better by far. The Hoyt has the smoothest draw.
It would be interesting to see which draw cycle you prefer if you set all three bows up to shoot a given arrow at the same speed. A slower bow is usually easier to draw. You could run the Omnia at 5# less draw weight and get the same speed as the Hoyt.

Zak406

Lil-Rokslider
It would be interesting to see which draw cycle you prefer if you set all three bows up to shoot a given arrow at the same speed. A slower bow is usually easier to draw. You could run the Omnia at 5# less draw weight and get the same speed as the Hoyt.

I look at draw cycle first when buying. Part of the reason I’ve never owned a Mathews. Imo I hate their draw cycle otherwise they have some cool innovation. I shoot semi weak at 60 now as it is I wouldn’t want to back any of them down any further. I personally don’t see a need to shoot at 70 as I don’t want any shoulder problems later in life (or anymore than I will already have ) certainly to each their own. The finishes on the elite are top of the line.

In the end it will come down to the era or the vtm 31. I suppose you can throw the rx7 in there as well

I look at draw cycle first when buying. Part of the reason I’ve never owned a Mathews. Imo I hate their draw cycle otherwise they have some cool innovation. I shoot semi weak at 60 now as it is I wouldn’t want to back any of them down any further. I personally don’t see a need to shoot at 70 as I don’t want any shoulder problems later in life (or anymore than I will already have ) certainly to each their own. The finishes on the elite are top of the line.

In the end it will come down to the era or the vtm 31. I suppose you can throw the rx7 in there as well
Draw cycle is meaningless if you do not take into account the speed that draw cycle will launch a given arrow. Unless the most important factor is what draw weight sticker is on the bow. I’m not concerned about speed and I also want a comfortable draw cycle but I don’t search for the easiest bow to draw a a certain poundage. I have an RX7U and a PSE Levitate. They both launch the same arrow at the same speed with the Hoyt set up to draw 7# more. It makes no sense to me to compare draw cycles when they are both set to the same draw weight and say the one that draws easier is the better bow. Just like it would make no sense to say the PSE is obviously the better bow because it is faster.

Last edited:

Zak406

Lil-Rokslider
Draw cycle is meaningless if you do not take into account the speed that draw cycle will launch a given arrow. Unless the most important factor is what draw weight sticker is on the bow. I’m not concerned about speed and I also want a comfortable draw cycle but I don’t search for the easiest bow to draw a a certain poundage. I have an RX7U and a PSE Levitate. They both launch the same arrow at the same speed with the Hoyt set up to draw 7# more. It makes no sense to me to compare draw cycles when they are both set to the same draw weight and say the one that draws easier is the better bow. Just like it would make no sense to say the PSE is obviously the better bow because it is faster.
I get what your saying however if every bow is set at 60 that is a fair enough comparison to me. I don’t buy bows very often (usually every 5-7 years) and the shop I go to did such a good job setting it up it’s never been back to the shop since (could use some new strings but at this point I’m not worried about them as I am buying a new one). My point is I don’t know or have a good enough relationship to tinker as much as you are describing. I agree though it would be interesting to see. I didn’t say any of the bows were bad. Secretly I wanted to like the Omnia more than I did. However I see why some people would love it. The era will be an absolute hit. Light, great finish, and a bit better feeling draw than the Omnia.

I just picked up my Omnia and it’s pretty amazing. Bow of the Year IMO, and I shot a lot of them. I really thought when I tested bows this year the Revex4 would be the winner, but the Omnia was that amazing.

I preferred the smooth mod over the performance, but man am I still getting performance.

28.5in draw
456gr arrow
30gr (estimated) on string
494.6 FPS

Also to note, I had no cam rubbing issues. I think a few people made a mountain of a mole hill and it seemed like it was a bigger issue than actuality.

Attachments

• 72CB5D15-18AF-4B8D-BE46-820DFD101A5D.jpeg
    72CB5D15-18AF-4B8D-BE46-820DFD101A5D.jpeg
    469.7 KB · Views: 7
  • B9F7A726-343E-4E8D-95BF-CDD8EAC43BAA.jpeg
    B9F7A726-343E-4E8D-95BF-CDD8EAC43BAA.jpeg
    266.5 KB · Views: 7