2022 Rokstaff Gear Picks

I always find it interesting to compare some of the US things to the Aussie offerings. Not sure if you guys are familiar with the Safari Sling and the sling that Moroka 30 makes, worth a look. Fenix make imo the best headlamps going around, I have 3 of them. BD seem to have fallen by the wayside as far as some of the gear they sell nowadays. Not having a waterproof battery housing on any headlamp is a recipe for disaster. And their stuff aint cheap. I'm keen to get some Kuiu clothing but we don't have any retailers in OZ to try things on. Some items are true to size while others are not, and it's a pain and costly to sort out when your posting back and forth. Same with some brands of b/packs. How come nearly everyone has trouble with their Exped mats? The downmat 9lws I have have never missed a beat and it's one little item although heavy I cannot do without , especially up in the aussie high country. I wonder how many people forget to leave the valve open in the morning before heading off? Gets warm in a tent even in winter and it's a surefire way of destroying your baffles due to expansion. Lots of good info in the gear pic post.

Last edited:

lamarclark09

Lil-Rokslider
Amazing and well written article, you have mentioned all of your experience here in this article. That is a good read. I've seen great views and exposure of yours. Would you mind telling me which bags you have used this whole time? It's great that you managed everything wisely.