2022 bowtech sr350

Pwells10

WKR
Just shot one tonight, needless to say I ordered one custom from the shop.

I’m impressed boys.

The revolt to me had a little hitch that I didn’t like so I opted for the black 5 from prime before. Problem with the prime is it’s heavy.

The SR350 is light as can be. And smooooooth draw. No hitch. Set at 71lbs, it felt like I was pulling 60-65lbs.

Great bow.

Edit for a great question (speed)

450gr arrow, 28” draw, 71 lb draw= 2 shots at 285fps and 1 shot at 284fps

Last edited:
Thanks. I'm a 28" draw on an SR6 and getting less than that for sure. Don't need to upgrade, but it's easy to entertain the idea...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Pwells10

Pwells10

WKR
Thanks. I'm a 28" draw on an SR6 and getting less than that for sure. Don't need to upgrade, but it's easy to entertain the idea...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Absolutely. I wasn’t planning on a new bow for at least another year or two. Uncle raves about it so I called the shop, they had one so had to go test it. Just a smooth bow.

The draw cycle really impressed me as well. I shoot a 60# Solution which I love, but was really impressed by the draw cycle of the SR350. 65# felt like 60# to me.

OP
Pwells10

Pwells10

WKR
The draw cycle really impressed me as well. I shoot a 60# Solution which I love, but was really impressed by the draw cycle of the SR350. 65# felt like 60# to me.
Absolutely. My buddy has the solution and I’m wanting to shoot his to see the difference. I did order the 350 so I’m extremely excited

I am going to assume those are the updated mods or the chrono was hot. I shot one last week with those same exact perimeters and it was 279-280fps with a 462g arrow.

OP
Pwells10

Pwells10

WKR
I am going to assume those are the updated mods or the chrono was hot. I shot one last week with those same exact perimeters and it was 279-280fps with a 462g arrow.
I am not sure on that. I have ordered one that will be here in “January” so I’ll update once I get it. I’ll be putting custom strings on it as well so may inflate the number a tad.

FYI, my bow came with the clear blue draw stops and the slower mods. I'm going to shoot all 4 options (old comfort and performance, new comfort and performance) and I'll report back with some numbers tonight.

Also, I called bowtech customer support showed them pictures of my mods and draw stops, 5 days later I had new mods in the mail, no questions asked. So I have both sets now. Just gotta set up the crappy old chrono, shoot about 8 arrows to get 2 good readings, and repeat for all 4 settings :)

So here's what I got in my super not scientific study of the two mods today.

I only have two sets of arrows right now that are about the same weight. Draw length is 28.5. Draw weight is, I turned the bolts down 5 turns which should be 5 lbs so something like 65#ish.

OG mod on Comfort
447g arrow - 263fps
478g arrow - 254fps
This is what I've been shooting the most since it was how the bow came from the factory. Pretty squishy on the back end at full draw. Very smooth draw that gets progressively easier toward the end. I liked it but not super solid at full draw.

OG mod on Performance
447g arrow - 274fps
478g arrow - 264fps
Haven't shot this a ton, but it is stiff at the end and the draw cycle does not smooth out toward the end like comfort. Personally, I have no problem with the draw cycle on performance and would shoot it like this all the time if I had to.

New Mod on Comfort
447g arrow - 267fps
478g arrow - 258fps
Spoiler alert, this is what I think I'll leave on. Not as squishy as the first set of mods but a little room in the valley. More solid feel at full draw. I preferred less squish on the end.

New Mod on Performance
447g arrow - 277fps
478g arrow - 268fps
Worst draw cycle of course, hardest to draw. But not that bad. It adds a good amount of speed over the comfort, but I think I'll be hunting this season with the new mod on comfort, plenty of energy to take down an elk and I think I'll shoot better and more with the smoother draw cycle.

Basically 10fps between comfort and performance, and 4fps between OG and new mod. I also reverse engineered these speeds on an online calculator. The new mod on Performance comes out to about 338IBO for whatever that's worth (crappy chrono, two odd weight arrows, my draw length, semi-unknown draw weight).

The SR350 is a shooter!! The problem with speeds and shooting through a chronograph is there are so many variables. Light ,slight off parallel angle, cheap chronographs the list goes on... I personally own 3 chronographs a shooting chony , competition electronics pro and Caldwell ballistics G2 Which one do I believe? Everyone of them I believe to be accurate to itself and that's about it. All three give completely different readings on the same set up ,the same day the range between them is sometimes 15fps. So If you took your bow to 5 different pro shops and shot it through their chronographs. I can guarantee you would get 5 different readings. Do you believe the fastest, the slowest ,the average. When people start talking speeds and if a bow hits or doesn't hit IBO I take it with a grain of salt. Now, that being said obviously Bowtech knew this one was out of the range as originally configured so the did the right thing and made a change. I respect that! In comfort mode you won't find a smoother 340fps bow and if it's actually 335 I don't really GAS

The SR350 is a shooter!! The problem with speeds and shooting through a chronograph is there are so many variables. Light ,slight off parallel angle, cheap chronographs the list goes on... I personally own 3 chronographs a shooting chony , competition electronics pro and Caldwell ballistics G2 Which one do I believe? Everyone of them I believe to be accurate to itself and that's about it. All three give completely different readings on the same set up ,the same day the range between them is sometimes 15fps. So If you took your bow to 5 different pro shops and shot it through their chronographs. I can guarantee you would get 5 different readings. Do you believe the fastest, the slowest ,the average. When people start talking speeds and if a bow hits or doesn't hit IBO I take it with a grain of salt. Now, that being said obviously Bowtech knew this one was out of the range as originally configured so the did the right thing and made a change. I respect that! In comfort mode you won't find a smoother 340fps bow and if it's actually 335 I don't really GAS
Exactly. I did this mostly for fun. I want to kill elk and no matter how you set up this bow it'll do that.

Any updates on how the SR350s are holding up? Durability, shootability, ease and consistency of tuning?
Shot mine for 9 months ...zero issues! Sold it today because SS34 will be here soon. The SR was a great bow in comfort setting. Nothing bad to say about mine!

How durable would you say the BowTech Flagships are? My local pro shop has a SS34, CP28, and a SR350 (but he hasn't assembled it yet) in stock. I already shot the SS34 and CP28 side by side with a Hoyt Ventum Pro 31 and liked the BowTechs both better. They were definitely smoother and I really like the Dead Lock Cam system and being able to fine tune the bow without dragging it to the pro shop to get it tuned in the bow press. I am waiting for him to get off his butt and put the SR350 together so I can shoot it as well.

I am concerned that the BowTechs won't be as durable long term as the Hoyts and as I don't plan on upgrading bows every year or five, I need it to last. The previous history of limb problems I have read about and the plastic limb pocket construction on the BowTechs gives me pause. Anyway, I am new to archery, learning every day, and loving it. Are my concerns overblown?

How durable would you say the BowTech Flagships are? My local pro shop has a SS34, CP28, and a SR350 (but he hasn't assembled it yet) in stock. I already shot the SS34 and CP28 side by side with a Hoyt Ventum Pro 31 and liked the BowTechs both better. They were definitely smoother and I really like the Dead Lock Cam system and being able to fine tune the bow without dragging it to the pro shop to get it tuned in the bow press. I am waiting for him to get off his butt and put the SR350 together so I can shoot it as well.

I am concerned that the BowTechs won't be as durable long term as the Hoyts and as I don't plan on upgrading bows every year or five, I need it to last. The previous history of limb problems I have read about and the plastic limb pocket construction on the BowTechs gives me pause. Anyway, I am new to archery, learning every day, and loving it. Are my concerns overblown?
Seconded

mtnkid85

WKR

Ive been shooting a Realm X since they came out, so for... 5 years? Not a single issue, its been a solid bow that Ive been happy with.