2022 Bows

Be350ka

Lil-Rokslider
Same as last year, no surprise.

Hoyts numbers are bullshit. What’s on paper and what’s in real life are completely different.
I shot several bows in the past few weeks. Yesterday I revisited a few and added the bee Hoyts. In the end it came down to the Ventum 33 pro and the Prime Inline 5. Shooting those two back to back is interesting. The Prime is in the shop now along with an old Hoyt that actually is sub 5 pounds.

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
Same as last year, no surprise.

Hoyts numbers are bullshit. What’s on paper and what’s in real life are completely different.

Well their numbers are accurate if you take off all the rubber on the limbs, and the riser, and their chubby stab, and maybe the grip, possibly the strings. Then it will weigh that.

Be350ka

Lil-Rokslider
Well their numbers are accurate if you take off all the rubber on the limbs, and the riser, and their chubby stab, and maybe the grip, possibly the strings. Then it will weigh that.

Yup. Exactly how everyone will shoot the bow. 😜

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
Yup. Exactly how everyone will shoot the bow. 😜

I was just simply explaining how they got there.

However I own a RX3 ultra and I will say its one of the smoothest drawing bows. Shoots pretty good too.
They arent the fastest, arent the lightest. But they are nice to draw and shoot. Im sure the RX7 ultra is similar on all aspects.

Oh yea but they are damn proud of them

MattB

WKR
Someone said the price was $2k?

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
If you round up to the nearest thousand, that is true. The MSRP for the carbon bows are listed from $1,849-$1,899. The aluminum riser models are $50 more than the comparable Matthews bows ($1,250-$1,399). Time will tell what the actually sell for at retail.

satchamo

WKR
If you round up to the nearest thousand, that is true. The MSRP for the carbon bows are listed from $1,849-$1,899. The aluminum riser models are $50 more than the comparable Matthews bows ($1,250-$1,399). Time will tell what the actually sell for at retail.

I just ordered a v3x 33 for 1075

satchamo

WKR
Integrate mounted whisker biscuits… if everyone is starting to go integrate I’d like to see more rest options for them. I love my QAD but I also love my biscuits… also I don’t know about the integrated sights, I run dovetails on all my bows so maybe a universal dovetail among sight manufacturers with a universal integrated mount between bow companies?

Qad owns the patent on the integrate mount. No one can make anything for like 2 more years I think? Unless of course the license the rights to it. But I don’t see that happening.

Marble

WKR
Thanks! I may meet the rep when comes into my town to give them a try.

My wife is looking to get a target bow. Might be an expensive day...

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

The 2021 RX5 Ultra was a nice drawing bow. Have yet to try the RX7 Ultra, but will. Anyone else hearing about "Hoyt Production issues" I've seen some wait times that were horrendous, staffing issues, etc. The last thing one wants is to buy a bow that is the equivalent to Detroit cars.
well when you make your bows in china and have to ship them over, the backlog at the ports certainly isn't helping Hoyt lead times

RC_

FNG
For guys asking about the RX6, Hoyt seems to skip a number when they redesign the riser. They skipped RX2 and now skipped RX6 and both times were when they redesigned the riser. Could just be a coincidence, but maybe it's on purpose, idk

Coming from a vxr 31.5, hamskea, 2 pin spott hogg and 1 peice tight spot

Thought I was sold on a long Ata bowtech, though handled and shot a v3x 33 today.

Looks like in order to run the new quiver on the v3x, you have to run a railed sight into the riser and integrate rest. My spott hogg 2 pin was too fat to bolt to riser and hit the arrows in the tight fitting quiver. Hamskea would obviously stick out too far as well.

If you commit to the v3x system, it seams it would be much more clean and tidy compared to a bowtech that has a hamskea and tight spot hanging off the side of it.

Thinking not needing a back bar for side balance would be handy belly crawling on a stalk, let alone just a cleaner looking setup.

All specs between revolt xl and v3x 33 very similar, I think I'm sold on the mathews system, unless the bowtech shoots laser beams.

Only problem is the $2,000 for whole new setup, bow, quiver, rest, and bar sight.

Coming from a vxr 31.5, hamskea, 2 pin spott hogg and 1 peice tight spot

Thought I was sold on a long Ata bowtech, though handled and shot a v3x 33 today.

Looks like in order to run the new quiver on the v3x, you have to run a railed sight into the riser and integrate rest. My spott hogg 2 pin was too fat to bolt to riser and hit the arrows in the tight fitting quiver. Hamskea would obviously stick out too far as well.

If you commit to the v3x system, it seams it would be much more clean and tidy compared to a bowtech that has a hamskea and tight spot hanging off the side of it.

Thinking not needing a back bar for side balance would be handy belly crawling on a stalk, let alone just a cleaner looking setup.

All specs between revolt xl and v3x 33 very similar, I think I'm sold on the mathews system, unless the bowtech shoots laser beams.

Only problem is the $2,000 for whole new setup, bow, quiver, rest, and bar sight.
Not sure if you tried it already but you can flip the tight spot piece that mounts to the sight to get it even closer to the riser. Might be a little cheaper than 2k to do that and then shoot it side by side with their demo bow to see if it's worth it

Adding a heavier limb option isn't a big change. And the sr350 sounds like an old bow with the new axle, again not a big change.
The same can be said for all the big boys. When was the last time any of them came out with something truly revolutionary? Minor improvements to last year's platform is the name of the game. But in their defense, bows are so good now it'd be hard to make a major improvement every year.

MattB

WKR
Part of me hopes nobody buys the RX7 as an FU to Hoyt for charging 2,000 for a bow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Where are you seeing them being sold for $2,000? That is more than MSRP which is more than any shop I’ve been in charges.