2021 B-Zone outlook

Did some scouting few days ago in one of the big burns of b zone and couldn’t believe how many deer I was seeing.

3pointer

Lil-Rokslider
They need to regulate the hunting In these burns!!! It’s the perfect time to boost the herd , other wise they’re going to get slaughtered by the tribes

I’m from Oregon and so much of my hunting spots are burnt . I’m also worried that there will be a ton of pressure on the remaining places I have knowledge of . I have spent a lot of time exploring and scouting and every time I think I have found a new little secret I find sign of people . It’s challenging me to go farther to change my tactics and to open up to some new hunting grounds really just making me a better hunter . I know in the next few years those burnt woods are going to be green again with food to support the wildlife that moves in and I can’t wait to hunt them again . Good luck out there

Hopefully the fires slow down and we actually have areas open to hunt. Been a tough year so far.

cjdewese

WKR
Will definitely be interesting to see what and how long things are shut down this year. I know last year sucked but just hoping for a miracle as fires don't seem to be getting any better.

3pointer

Lil-Rokslider
What also sucks Is the areas that are open are going to be packed now

What a bust - I've been scouting up there all year, first time hunting up there. Does anyone know when they opened it back up last year?

OutHeavy

FNG
Last year they opened up a big swath of the alps the day before the season opened. But they also were extending the closure one to two weeks at a time leading up to that. Closing it for the next 3 months seems absurd. They aren't currently suppressing the fire in the alps now, just (understandably) in the neighboring communities. I don't recall hearing of any hunter started forest fires or lost hiker searches that drew down resources after it opened back up again last year. Closing it "just in case" feels like another example of government telling us we need to be protected from ourselves and overstepping their authority over "We the People".

Sawfish

Lil-Rokslider
Northern California Area Closings Due to Fires. (Posted Early This Morning} Forest Closures: The Shasta-Trinity, Klamath and Six Rivers National Forests have issued an order closing the Trinity Alps Wilderness through November 15, 2021. Trails and recreational areas are all closed. The Klamath and Six Rivers National Forests have closed the Marble Mountain and Russian Wildernesses and the forest within the Salmon/Scott River Ranger District. All roads, trails and recreation areas are closed to the public through September 15, 2021.

OP
R

riversidejeep

Lil-Rokslider
Anybody thinking of hunting the Yolla Bollys this opener of archery had better look at the fire front on ZOOM EARTH. Looks like its going to take out the eastern part. Same for the Hayfork, Deerlick spring, Trinity River Watershed.

cjdewese

WKR
I understand the "Go hunt anyways" mentality but what happens when you need to submit your tag or get it validated somewhere and you were illegally hunting during a forest closure?