2021 1 rifle Elk in GMU 521

FLman

FNG
My buddy and I are hunting near overland reservoir around 10,000ft. Seen a hunch of guys set up camp in lower elevations. With the drought going on should I still expect to see them high or should I look start looking at lower elevations? I also have a bear tag. Should I expect to see them at 10,000?

Here’s the simplest most honest answer to your question…. Elk are where you find them…. I’ve had elk at 8000’ in one drainage and the next drainage over were at 10,000’. Elk go where they don’t have pressure, have food, water, and most important escape routes.

You’ll have Tom tell you elk are gonna be above 10,000’ til snow drives them down, Tim will say elk are at 8500’ cause everyone else is high, jim will say only in dark timber, John says the aspens. Elk are where they are, 1 day here next day gone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here’s the simplest most honest answer to your question…. Elk are where you find them…. I’ve had elk at 8000’ in one drainage and the next drainage over were at 10,000’. Elk go where they don’t have pressure, have food, water, and most important escape routes.

You’ll have Tom tell you elk are gonna be above 10,000’ til snow drives them down, Tim will say elk are at 8500’ cause everyone else is high, jim will say only in dark timber, John says the aspens. Elk are where they are, 1 day here next day gone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for being real. That is what I have been figuring. We got some snow up there today I didn’t know if that would effect them and make them come down low.

Back