2020 Ram 1500 Sport vs Toyota Tundra TRD4x4 for Hunting Rig

I've got a Ram Sport and it suits me well, however my buddy as a Tundra and those do look good as well..heard alot of good things on reliability on Toyota

Had a Silverado, Sequoia, Tundra, a couple 4Runners, and a couple Rams. I have nothing at all bad to say about the Toyotas other than the gas mileage sucks more than it should in the 4Runners. The 2010 Limited we bought with full-time 4WD was the most capable 4x4 truck I've ever owned. Got around better in deep snow and mud with factory tires than my Silverado with aggressive A/T. My Tundra crew TRD with 5.7 was like a race car, but wasn't near as capable as the 4Runner.

I had a 2015 Laramie Crew Cab ED, and I loved that truck after putting a Green Diesel Engineering (GDE) tune on it. However, after crackingt 110k miles, there were some serious repairs coming up that were not covered by the extended, extended, class action law suit warranty, and they were going to be cost-prohibitive. I traded for a 2019 Hemi Limited Crew Cab, and its been fantastic. Both had factory air-ride which is, IMO, a game changer for the way I use my trucks. No nickle and dimey BS, premature rust, or issues whatsoever with either Ram so far. Between the 2 I've put around 100k on the brand so far. On our trip to Great Falls, MT from Western IA last fall we averaged 17mpg round trip. Pretty dang good considering the mountain driving and having the cruise on 85-90 mph out west.

Tundra all the way. I have had a similar assortment of Toyotas over the years ('89 4x4 pu, '02 V6 Taco, '03 Gen 1 Tundra, '98 LX470, currently in a '12 Tundra Crewmax). I drive a RAM 1500 for work every day, and it is a POS. Its been in the shop 3 times for major warranty work and only has 65k miles on it. My Tundra has a 3" suspension lift, UCAs, add-a-leaf with custom leaf pack on 34s, with a shell and roof racks. It will go anywhere, and is an absolute beast, the sequential shifter is fantastic for control offroad, as good as my LX was. Gas mileage sucks, but like you, mines not a daily driver, so who cares. It's reliable, easy to mod, and roomy.

MattB

WKR
A buddy of mine from my deer club showed up in a Tundra recently and said he absolutely loves it. I never thought he would compliment let alone buy a foreign truck.