2017 Elk Only Season- PIC HEAVY!!

johnsd16

WKR
Amazing story. Makes you wonder how many other hunters that big one has gotten away from over the years. Was it LE for archery but general rifle?

jvonbank

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for sharing your season with us. Great write-up, awesome pics, and some amazing elk - nice work!

Jared

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

OP
Logan T

Logan T

WKR
Amazing story. Makes you wonder how many other hunters that big one has gotten away from over the years. Was it LE for archery but general rifle?

Yes it does. He was always weary whenever I did see him, and he never actually had any interest in cows when there were other bulls rutting nearby. The tag was a special draw permit.

Journeyman

Lil-Rokslider
Awesome recap of your season man! Love the pics too, especially of the big boy, he looks prehistoric!

OP
Logan T

Logan T

WKR
Sounds like an awesome season, hard to beat that many days in the filed. Congrats man

Yes it is. Luckily one pro of living out in the middle of no where and this terrible drought we had this summer was being able to be close to the elk, and not having a lot to do during the end of summer/fall. However I was starting to get mentally drained with that many days in the field only chasing and looking for the one big bull in particular. I am ready for a little time off from elk hunting! That's sure to only last till the new year though :D

OP
Logan T

Logan T

WKR
A few pics to put an end to this chapter.... both of our bulls are done and and have been back from the beetles for a while now, I just have to go and get mine from Justin's house. In the last picture, Justin's bull has a hole in his face. We are assuming a tine must have done that but who knows?? His bull showed no signs of that bugging him so who knows how old of an injury that was. Heres to hoping we can match 2017's elk season this year!

AahsJwB.jpg

UUrm75d.jpg

GJaQrBf.jpg

jm86qWz.jpg

jQXvJjV.jpg

Riplip

WKR
Great story and amazing pic's thanks for sharing.
Slowly building NR points so I can hopefully draw one of these better LE units. Great state to chase elk....good luck in 2018.

slick

WKR
Please go find those giants sheds this spring. Amazing animal.

Great season and two great bulls

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Logan T

Logan T

WKR
Please go find those giants sheds this spring. Amazing animal.

Great season and two great bulls

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd love to find those sheds! I just won't time to look for any until May, and being that I only saw him a handful of times who knows where he went to. He also looked to be in fairly poor body condition when I saw him, so hopefully he went someplace a ways from where I saw him this fall, because this winter has been absolutely brutal.