2014 Hoyts

OR Archer

WKR
$1399 for the carbons. They're all the same price. Faktor 30 is $899 and the Faktor 34 & Turbo are $949

OR Archer

WKR
Not yet. Our rep will be by soon with all of the new line up. I've only had a chance to shoot the Carbon Spyder Turbo. The new cam system is very smooth. Its not a night and day difference from the 2013 bows but there is a noticeable difference on the back end.

atothek

FNG
I'm wanting to get a black carbon matrix g3, any chance I can still find them or have the local pro shop order one from hoyt?

Craig4791

WKR
Seems like they are trending with the short ATA bows now! i don't get it! The VT was a 35 ATA bow then the ST went to 34 ATA now the CST is a 33 ATA......

spdrman

WKR
Was excited when I heard they where making a Carbon Turbo, kinda disappointing they made it a 33" ATA

OR Archer

WKR
I think people get to caught up in numbers before they even take the time to shoot the bows. I think guys are going to be surprised at just how well that bow shoots.

I'm personally in a MAJOR debate with myself!!!

CS Turbo OR 30" OR CS 34" 80# I don't know!!!! I have heard that the Z5 cam does SEEM to pull like its 10# lighter! Should have then in the shop monday/tuesday

Derek0525

WKR
Would you get rid of your spyder turbo to get a carbon turbo I ended up buying a used spyder turbo when I sold my Invasion. Its not set up yet so I have not shot it yet but I have shot a guy at works Vector turbo and liked it. Just wondering if I should sell the spyder and come down and order a Carbon.

Last edited:

OR Archer

WKR
I would shoot them side by side first. We will have them in shortly to try out. I personally would give up my spyder turbo for an 80# CS turbo

Rent Outdoor Gear

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Seems like they are trending with the short ATA bows now! i don't get it! The VT was a 35 ATA bow then the ST went to 34 ATA now the CST is a 33 ATA......

Unfortunately this is largely driven by demand and 80% of the bowhunting market hunts whitetail deer almost exclusively...

The new bows will shoot great - there's no doubting that... However, there's a difference between shooting deer at 25 yards and 65+ yards. And there's a reason pros aren't competing in Vegas with 30" bows. I really hope the 35"+ hunting bow is not extinct.

The other issue is that the risers are very long now because of the parallel limb geometry. A 34" - 35" bow utilizes the longest available forgings/extrusions. The manufacturers can't get them over 30" in length. Hopefully since this is not an issue with carbon bows we will see some 3 foot long bows in the future... I remember thinking Chuck Adams was so old fashioned for shooting those long, round wheel bows, but I'm starting to resist the new trends myself.

I'll be sporting the Faktor 34 this season. It's only an inch shorter than my Matrix so I doubt there will be any perceptible drop off in forgiveness or accuracy. But man, if they had offered a 36" or even a 38" bow I would take that option in a heartbeat over a 34. Hoyt will sell a lot more 34's than they would 36 or 38's and that's why they are the length they are.

Last edited:

huntography

Lil-Rokslider
I'm personally in a MAJOR debate with myself!!!

CS Turbo OR 30" OR CS 34" 80# I don't know!!!! I have heard that the Z5 cam does SEEM to pull like its 10# lighter! Should have then in the shop monday/tuesday

Being a Bowtech shooter since 2004, and loving them btw, the 34 in CS Turbo has caught my eye.

I may need to shoot it Ev :)

Rudy

Made the mistake of shooting the CS 34 and CS 30. Really loved the feel of the carbon, and the 34" seemed to hold really solid on target. Only thing I wish Hoyt had was a more solid back wall. That being said if I can sell my current rig ill probably be ordering a CS Turbo.

Blackcow

WKR
You can try a Bomar draw stop.might firm the wall up for you. And or shorten your draw just a touch so when you hit your anchor the stop is pulled harder into the cable.