2014 F150 3.5 EB brake failure

E in CO

Lil-Rokslider
Back in January I had the brake failure issue on my 2014 F150 3.5 EB. Luckily the brake pedal went to the floor while I was starting my truck while parked. All the fluid ran out a burst brake line on the the front passenger side. What burns me up is I had the recall (leaking master cylinder and brake booster) done in 2017 so this wasn’t supposed to happen. Have a buddy with a 2013 it happened to and a buddy with a 2015 it happened to twice. doing some research Ford has done 3 recalls on this issue covering 2013 to more recent F150s with the EB. Anyone else have this issue? Seems like the 5.0 engine doesnt have the same issue for some odd reason. Anyway, it’s time for a new truck and have been reading the truck threads on here. Trying to decide if I go F150 with the 5.0 or something else. Gotta say when that brake pedal went to the floor without any warning signs it kinda makes me a little leery of another F150 even with the 5.0. Don’t understand why the type of engine would have any impact or difference on the on the brake system. anyone have this expeience Or have any knowledge on this issue? thanks, E

Ucsdryder

WKR
Are you towing or hauling? Is it a grocery getter or a work horse? In this market a new truck would be on my mind if I didn’t have another option. As in, it was a new truck or a bus pass! That said, I’d drive them all. I think ford has gotten left in the dust. The new Silverado and ram are really nice. The 2022 ford look like they’re 10 years behind. I’ll preface my post with the fact that I buy 200-300 used cars a month for a major automotive franchise group in Colorado and I don’t buy ford’s unless they’re dirt cheap and I can’t say no.

OP
E

E in CO

Lil-Rokslider
Wow that’s a huge volume of used trucks! I’m in CO too and drive 32k a year up and down I25. Spend about 2.5 hrs a day in my truck commuting round trip. Have a bad lower back and my Toyotas kill me, including a 2020 4Runner we have now. I Need something to haul elk camp and a small utility trailer. I went to the F150 for the height of the seat and it was good on my lower back. The EB brake failure issue is concerning and I’m surprised it doesn’t show up more in the “which truck threads.” If you google it pops up and the recalls cover several 100s of thousands trucks.