2013 Kryptek gear review

Ronster

Lil-Rokslider
This year I had to splurge a bit to get some new gear for sheep hunting. I was looking for camo, needing some base layers, rain gear, and a puffy. I decided to go with Kryptek after talking to Butch at the outdoors show even though I had never seen a review on them, here is how they performed in the Brooks for sheep this year (lots of rain).

Poseidon Rain Jacket and Pants: I bought them specifically for sheep hunting. Weighing in at under 2 pounds for the total set, they were the item I was looking forward to receiving most. They had a great fit right out of the bag and they were really lightweight as advertised. I worried about them holding up to the rocks and brush, but these things are indestructable. I ended up wearing them for 4 days straight and they never saturated to the point of letting water through. The zip out sides on the pants made it really easy to get on and off for sudden downpours. They held up great to all of the rocks, sharp shale, and briars on the way out. I'd give them a 9 out 10, the only downside is initial purchase price.

Merino Wool top: I worried about this being the only top that I was taking on the trip. It didnt take long for all of those worries to subside. 8 days in the bush, worn everyday and it still held shape and didnt have locker room funk when we were done. It kept me cool on the hikes and warm during the colder rain periods. 10 out of 10!

Kratos Jacket: I bought this for the stopping and glassing periods and I am glad that I did. A true puffy, really light weight, wrist cuffs and a nice collar to cut down on the breeze and added pockets for energy bars and whatever you want to carry up top made for a great jacket. The sides are spandex which was nice for adding layers, but it did pile a bit after a few days with a pack on. Waterproof for a bit, but I didnt get my rain gear on quick enough one day and it did let a bit of water through. Great for glassing and mild weather days. 7 out of 10

Cadog Pants: Yeah, I went with the heavy fleece backed pants as my legs and feet aways get cold. Im not sure of the exact weight, but its probably around 3lbs. I liked the added knee pads, it sure made getting up with a heavy pack and kneeling and spotting a lot easier. The added fleece was also really nice during the cold downpoor days. This thing had pockets everywhere, maps, energy bars, and whatever you need are within arms reach whenever you need them. They also made a great pillow at night. I was all over the rocks with these things and they took a pounding but they still looked almost new when I got home. It was worth the sacrifice of weight for me. 9 out of 10

All in all, I think Kryptek is putting out a great product. Downsides are initial purchase price and availability. They should last you a long time though, almost everything I bought could be passed off as near new. Their customer service was excellent as well. Very happy with the purchase so far.

Ron

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
I have the Alios Pants + Knee Pads, Merino Wool Top, Dalibor Jacket incoming. Thanks for the review. Even though your only using one thing I ordered it makes me feel much better about the gear. Aron has done a terrific job getting the info out there on Kryptek and dealing with Josh has been a pleasure.

OP
Ronster

Ronster

Lil-Rokslider
I completely agree. I think Aron had it 100% right, I just wanted to give an outsiders opinion. Its a lot of money to spend on something that I couldnt put my hands on and I was completely satisfied with the end product.