200gram insulate or none

svivian

WKR
I need some advice on a boot purchase. I'm looking at getting a pair of lowa Tibet gtx boots in the hi. I have tried them and like them a lot. My only dilemma is to get the 200 gram thinsulate or non insulated. To give some perspective I have worn mainly old basketball shoes on all my high country hunts in temps from 80-30 degrees with good wool socks up till last year. Last year I purchased saloman gtx 4d boots which were extremely comfortable. But after shed season, summer hiking and scouting, and hunting archery through late season they are trashed and falling apart.

So my concern is that my feet sweat easily even in cold temperatures. Is the 200gram gunna be something I want or could I just get the non insulated and wear proper socks to give me the ability to wear them all year. Anyone with experience i would love to hear your opinions. Thanks!

Shraggs

WKR
I have sweaty feet, and cold feet! Ok back country hunt I go with Un-insulated as long as temps are above freezing. If colder, I have a pair in 400 gram, since I don't think 200 is really noticeable.

If I ever post up and sit, and it's cold I carry a pair of hot kids and tie warmers. Kinda of heavy at 12 oz, but with it if I expect to do that.

D snyder

FNG
No insulation in those temps. My feet sweat easily also. I wear mine with kenetrek mid weight or cheap merino blend socks I buy at the flee market. These boots move air in and out as you walk to keep your feet dry.
I can sit for a few hours and they keep my feet warm enough. I have to admit that as I’ve gotten older cold feet don’t really bother me as much as they use to.