20” 7mm Rem Mag, suppressed????

Ben_H

FNG
I’ve been reading this thread off an on for weeks, all while digging anywhere I could to find info on 20” 7RM. Putting a can on my Bergara wilderness ridge is too long and heavy. Without the can it’s deafening! There’s a few guys in New Zealand that cut their’s down and posted on YouTube. One cut his Tikka to 21”, but only because his barrel was fluted and that is all he could do without getting into the fluting. His buddy went 20”. They are getting over 3000fps on hand loads with Reloader 23.

Well, I went ahead and ordered a customer OMR 20” carbon fiber barrel threaded. It shipped today and I’ll update when I shoot it. It’ll be paired with a Grayboe Phoenix 2 Stock, Timney Hunter flat trigger, SilencerCo Hybrid 46 (mounted direct thread for length and weight savings) Also a Falcon Defense LW7 Action.

While waiting for the most expensive action/barrel I’ve ever bought to be made, I have had some doubts about my choice in chambering. The success from the guys in this thread, along with a couple New Zealand forums has made me feel a whole lot better about my decision during my wait.

Ben_H

FNG
For anyone wondering, my 7mm rem mag with 20” barrel got a proper break in this past weekend. Then, we dialed it to 200 yards. 1.5” at 200 yards and stretched to 400 this week. Excellent shooter with factory ammo. Velocities ranged from 2750 to 3010 fps and bullets from 155gr to 162gr. I may start a separate thread with pics and more detailed specs for those interested. If you’re thinking of building short barreled 7mm then go for it.