2 weeks from desert sheep opener.

• Thread starter Deleted member 8-15-23
  • Start date
surely these big $ guides know how to play the angles and take decent grip and grins too right?

MattB

WKR
pic before roal was confiscated for being sub legal?
View attachment 602067

did California drop the ball on closing down the season with 300 winter kill sheep in the whites?
2nd smallest ram I have seen coming off a mountain
1st smallest was confiscated @ the plug station View attachment 602064
I got an email this morning indicating that two outfitter who have scouted the Whites have found ~30 dead sheep (not 300). No sick sheep were observed, so it does not appear to be a disease event but rather winter kill.

Telemetry data from past wet winters and periods following monsoonal rains show the sheep have moved mid-slope (a few thousand feet below their typical alpine summer range), which would make finding them immensely more difficult.

One of the guides reported that the vegetation was unusually thick this year, which would also complicate finding sheep.

It sounds like DFW is pursuing collaring and survey work prior to next season.

Last edited:
I got an email this morning indicating that two outfitter who have scouted the Whites have found ~30 dead sheep (not 300). No sick sheep were observed, so it does not appear to be a disease event but rather winter kill.

Telemetry data from past wet winters and period following monsoonal rains show the sheep have moved mid-slope (a few thousand feet below their typical alpine summer range), which would make finding immensely more difficult.

One of the guides reported that the vegetation was unusually thick this year, which would also complicate finding sheep.

It sounds like DFW is pursuing collaring and survey work prior to next season.
I can back this up, multiple dead mature sheep found.

ttmannan

Lil-Rokslider
I found this entire thread today... a little late but my face hurts from smiling so much at it. I had seen the "He did it." post and wasn't really sure why all the hate. Now I get it. Y'all are ruthless but he deserved every inch of it. I am beyond disappointed he didn't use the .270.Screenshot 2023-09-18 at 2.05.48 PM.png

S-3 ranch

WKR
Might be a medical explanation to the ROAL reaper and his zany series of post and events?

“”

Symptoms of Prader-Willi Syndrome​

Many symptoms of Prader-Willi syndrome vary according to the child's age. between the ages of 1 and 6, appetite increases, often becoming insatiable. Children rapidly gain weight. The hands and feet remain small, and children remain short. Abnormalities of the face include almond-shaped eyes and a mouth with thin upper lips and down-turned corners. Children have bone disorders (such as scoliosis and kyphosis). Obsessive-compulsive behaviors are common. Hormonal problems are common, and the function of the reproductive organs is abnormally decreased, which limits growth and sexual development. Boys have undescended testes (cryptorchidism) and an underdeveloped penis and scrotum. Intellectual disability