2 pairs of pants

Culvers30

FNG
My hunting partners and I are doing a 2 week drop camp in late September, in Colorado. We bivy camp away from our base camp for a few days at a time. So weight packing in is not an issue but we do have our camp on our backs every day and let the elk dictate where we sleep.
I currently am going to bring 1 pair of kuiu attack pants and 1 pair of Yukon pants, but only planned to wear the yukons for rain gear. My question is, should I bring another pair of attack pants or equivalent pant? Is two weeks too long to be in the same pair of pants everyday, hiking my ass off and would a fresh pair be in order after week one?
I really don't want to spend anymore money. Let me rephrase that, my wife has had it with new hunting gear showing up at the door every other week.

shaun

WKR
One is plenty. I did 2 weeks last year in Colorado in one pair of mountain pants.it wouldn't hurt and would be cheaper and lighter if you just did an extra pair of merino bottoms under pants

Brock A

Super Moderator
Staff member
Would be nice to have an extra pair of something at base camp to change into for a day or two since your getting packed in. But like Shaun said, 1 pair is plenty. I did a week in my guide pants in ID last year, no problem. Extra pair of merino bottoms is nice as well.

mtbshark

WKR
Would be nice to have an extra pair of something at base camp to change into for a day or two since your getting packed in. But like Shaun said, 1 pair is plenty. I did a week in my guide pants in ID last year, no problem. Extra pair of merino bottoms is nice as well.

What the pj's stay at home!

I use one pair and pack a light merino base layer JUST in case. Mainly get camp set up and change into merino base and camp shoes and let things air out.