1998 Lexus lx470 with 30,000 miles

Bc45

Lil-Rokslider
Had this crazy deal pop up with this guy where he has a 1998 Lexus lx470 with 30,000 miles and no issues at all with it when it comes to paint, rust and mechanical. He is selling it for 14k. Always kept in garage and barely driven. Anyone know much about them to justify it being worth? Let me know thanks.

BadDogPSD

WKR
$14k seems like a lot for a 25 year old vehicle, but sounds like the condition & mileage help justify the asking price.

OP
Bc45

Bc45

Lil-Rokslider
It does seem like a lot for that old of a vehicle but I know there becoming a collectors item almost at this point. I went onto bring a trailer website and they are selling with more miles for more than 25k which is absurd to me.

OP
Bc45

Bc45

Lil-Rokslider
Better get it before someone else does. A luxury off road capable vehicle is a rare and expensive thing. For sure you can get your money back.
Good to know. Just wanted to get some other’s opinions to justify me buying it haha

MudBugVa

FNG
If it is in the condition you say it is I would go for it. 30,000 miles is nothing. I missed out on a 90's landcruiser once and I still regret it! My wife is even more mad (still)!

It would be a good idea to take it to a mechanic that works on toyotas for a once over just to be certian.

OP
Bc45

Bc45

Lil-Rokslider
If it is in the condition you say it is I would go for it. 30,000 miles is nothing. I missed out on a 90's landcruiser once and I still regret it! My wife is even more mad (still)!

It would be a good idea to take it to a mechanic that works on toyotas for a once over just to be certian.
Yeah can’t go wrong with being certain with a mechanic

Fatcamp

WKR

Oh ya, buyer beware and all that. Goes without saying, but if it is what OP says, dang, that's a sweet rig.

MudBugVa

FNG
Absolutely! Also if the OP can turn a wrench or feels confident in checking out used cars he shouldnt hesitate.

Gutshotem

WKR
I was going to ask you to pass the info along to me if you decide to pass but it looks like I'm practically on the other side of the world

If you buy it for $14k and want to make a quick buck let me know. I'll give you $15k for if it's in the condition it sounds like it is.
Snatch that dude up quick and enjoy a nice vehicle with great off road capability.

OP
Bc45

Bc45

Lil-Rokslider
I was going to ask you to pass the info along to me if you decide to pass but it looks like I'm practically on the other side of the world
Yeah I’m not in the best location to ship/sell vehicles haha

Ralphie

WKR
If condition is even close to as described you are crazy not to buy it. Even to flip. Unless there is some crazy thing in Hawaii.

jimh406

WKR
If anyone does only a tiny bit of research, they'll find the '98 GX470 is probably better than most vehicles on the road today as far as reliability is concerned. The engine and drivetrain are good for hundreds of thousands of miles.

They are almost unbreakable with also huge aftermarket support. There are multiple reasons why GXs are the sweetheart of the overland community.

I bought a GX460 a couple of years ago. We love the vehicle. It's quiet, comfortable, and fantastic in snow. I would have bought a GX470 with 30K for $14K if that had been an option without any hesitation.

Gutshotem

WKR
If anyone does only a tiny bit of research, they'll find the '98 GX470 is probably better than most vehicles on the road today as far as reliability is concerned. The engine and drivetrain are good for hundreds of thousands of miles.

They are almost unbreakable with also huge aftermarket support. There are multiple reasons why GXs are the sweetheart of the overland community.

I bought a GX460 a couple of years ago. We love the vehicle. It's quiet, comfortable, and fantastic in snow. I would have bought a GX470 with 30K for $14K if that had been an option without any hesitation.
You are getting the models confused. The GX wasn't available until early 2000's. The OP is getting an even better vehicle. I believe the 98 and 99 LX and LC are the only 100 series tripple locked as well.

OP
Bc45

Bc45

Lil-Rokslider
If condition is even close to as described you are crazy not to buy it. Even to flip. Unless there is some crazy thing in Hawaii.
That’s what I’m half tempted to do is just flip it. But also could just hold onto it for a while and see how it goes.