170" Whitey killed on the ground @ 25 yds

Definitely one of the best hunts of my life, including being very surprised how big this buck was. I knew he would be my personal best as I started the sneak, but I had no idea he was quite as big as he was. I was using a .22-250 that I had bought for the kids and my wife that year, with 60 grain Nosler Partitions. I didn't plan to get this close to this buck, nor did I know how truly big he was, but it was one of those rare times when it all works out in the hunters favor.

Getting this hunt edited and put up has been a looong time in the making, and a lot of work...

Hope you enjoy!

Nine Banger

WKR
Shoot2HuntU
Nice. I've never been in country like that. Talk about wide open.

What program do you use for editing?

My wife and I just got a bunch of racing shorts we want to put together for our boys to watch.

OP
Justin Byers
Nice. I've never been in country like that. Talk about wide open.

What program do you use for editing?

My wife and I just got a bunch of racing shorts we want to put together for our boys to watch.
I bought a Mac Book lap top and am running Final Cut Pro. Really like it so far. Lots of YT tutorials.

Ben_H

FNG
Big mature buck with a 22-250. Great shot. Good thing you didn’t have to make a long shot. That wind would blow that little bullet a lot!

OP
Justin Byers
Big mature buck with a 22-250. Great shot. Good thing you didn’t have to make a long shot. That wind would blow that little bullet a lot!
For sure!!!! That's why I ended up so close. My plan was to get the wind in any face and then crawl upon for a 100 yard shot. Didn't expect him to walk up the hill at me to 25 steps!!! LOL.... It was a huge adrenaline rush, I can tell you that!