16_48x65 vortex razor effective distance.

I am wanting to buy one of these scopes but want to make sure it will do the job first. Does anyone have experience with this scope and be able to tell me how far out can I effectively judge tine length, extras and be able to make a solid decision to go after a deer or not.

LaHunter

WKR
Atmospheric conditions and lighting will play a huge role in your effective distance with any optic.
I owned / used this exact spotter for 3 seasons. In favorable conditions, I have been able to evaluate mule deer well over a mile away. By evaluate, I mean being able to determine if he is a good buck or a smaller buck. If the sun is right, I have been able to determine points and other details as well. In order to fully utilize the maximum magnification, you will need to have nearly perfect conditions. Otherwise, the image may get grainy and dim. In many reviews, you will read that this is a very good spotting scope for the price, and in my opinion this is true. Only reason I sold mine was to buy a Swaro spotter.

OP
V
If the effective range is around 2 miles than that would be perfect for my hunts. I have a Nikon prostaff right now and am hoping it is a big upgrade.