16" deer gun

My go to deer rifle is a Ruger American Ranch with a 2-7x33 Redfield in 7.62x39. It’s taken many deer 🦌 over the years I’ve used it. I take it to 350yds of steel pretty regularly and with the right bullet would be tempted on whitetail. Probably won’t try but tempting.

chanson_roland

Lil-Rokslider
My go to deer rifle is a Ruger American Ranch with a 2-7x33 Redfield in 7.62x39. It’s taken many deer 🦌 over the years I’ve used it. I take it to 350yds of steel pretty regularly and with the right bullet would be tempted on whitetail. Probably won’t try but tempting.
I've got the RaR in 5.56 but thinking about that new Gen 2 RaR in .308. My fear is that muzzle blast is going to be like the test scene from "Oppenheimer".

Which means....I'll probably do it and report back here next season....LOL

FLS

WKR
I've got the RaR in 5.56 but thinking about that new Gen 2 RaR in .308. My fear is that muzzle blast is going to be like the test scene from "Oppenheimer".

Which means....I'll probably do it and report back here next season....LOL
Get a suppressor and don’t look back. My last approval took less than 48 hours. Find a gun store with one of the SilencerCo kiosks. Easy peazy.

I would go .223/5.56. I’ve had pretty good luck with my 14.5” in the last year or two. Mostly shooting within 100 yards and using 70gr TSX and 77gr SMK. Wanna give some 62Gr T-TSX a try this year.