Votes: 30 54.5%
  • Meopta

Votes: 23 41.8%
  • Other

Votes: 2 3.6%

• Total voters

fbhandler

WKR
Have used both extensively Most recently the Meopta B1 Plus that belongs to a partner.
View attachment 291351

The Swaro’s-

1. I have not seen a difference in light transmission or brightness in twilight. What one can see, the other can as well.

2. The Swaro does indeed have a slightly larger FOV. Not a lot, but it is there if you look for it

3. The outside maybe 5% of the image, Swaro is just a touch crisper. Both are good, and the Meopta will certainly show you if something is there, but if you really crane and stare at the outer edge Swaro is slightly crisper.

That out of the way.... Those are the only things the Swaro has on the B1 plus.

The Meopta has-

1). Better image overall- the Swaro’s are slightly milky or hazy in comparison.

2). The Meopta has slightly better resolution and contrast.

3). The center 70’ish% of the FOV is more pleasing to look through.

4). Experience has shown the durability of Meopta to be better. I dig Swaro optics, and yet all that I have had have had to go in for work at some point. These SLC’s have two seasons on them and will have to go back this year as the focus wheel and diopter adjustment is getting very sticky/gritty.

See above. I have had lots of Swaro and Meopta optics. Meopta fends abuse better.

I’ve said this for a long time- people that claim there is a noticeable difference between any of the alphas, couldn’t tell you what binos they were looking through if you covered them up. It is absolutely pole vaulting over mouse turds, but... there is zero chance I would buy Swaro 15’s over the Meopta B1 Plus.
It’s not a money thing- I don’t have to pay for either; the Meopta’s are legit excellent binos, with better resolution and contrast, better durability, and overall excellent optical performance. The B1’s aren’t just excellent for $1,600- they’re damn good binos at any price. this has been a couple ye
This is a couple years old now… I’m in the market for some higher mag binos, and was wondering if you still feel the same way on these ?

Any chance to compare these to the Maven b5s ?

Whats your preference between 15x vs 18x if you could only have one (10x in the harness) ?

Thanks

Pabst

Lil-Rokslider
I'm not Form but agree with his points on color, clarity and sharpness. I'm running B1 Plus in both 8x42 and 15x56 and have been for 3-4 years now. No mechanical issues whatsoever and they continue to wow me whenever I use them

fbhandler

WKR
I'm not Form but agree with his points on color, clarity and sharpness. I'm running B1 Plus in both 8x42 and 15x56 and have been for 3-4 years now. No mechanical issues whatsoever and they continue to wow me whenever I use them
Thanks for the response ! It seems the general consensus is Meoptas are the main contender in this category and have been for the last handful of years, although it seems as if Maven is gaining a bit lately so that’s why I ask.

Pabst

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for the response ! It seems the general consensus is Meoptas are the main contender in this category and have been for the last handful of years, although it seems as if Maven is gaining a bit lately so that’s why I ask.
Possibly - I have no firsthand experience with Maven but I've been very happy with Meopta.

Bubba85

FNG
I’ve been through multiple 15’s original kiababs, non Hd swaros, Meoptas b1’s not the plus and swaro Hd’s twice! (Thought 10’s and a spotter were the way to go.)
I didn’t feel right in the field without 15’s so, back on the hunt I went and found a good smoking deal on swaro hd’s and ended up with a set for the second time.

All that being said I had no issue at all with the Meoptas. I only wanted the “best” at the time. Had I found a deal on them when I was looking I would have been just fine with purchasing a pair a second pair of Meoptas. You won’t miss much especially for the price difference as others have stated.

handwerk

WKR
I’ll be the odd man out, I’ve not owned the Meoptas, but have had the Swaros which certainly were impressive but in the end I went with the 15x Geovids, mine are actually the older HD-R model but to my eyes they hung right there with the swaros, have a rangefinder on board and after owning lots of alpha glass in most cases I just like the build and view better with Leicas.

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Shoot2HuntU
This is a couple years old now… I’m in the market for some higher mag binos, and was wondering if you still feel the same way on these ?

Yes.

Any chance to compare these to the Maven b5s ?

I have not used the Maven.

Whats your preference between 15x vs 18x if you could only have one (10x in the harness) ?

Thanks

I don’t have a preference as I haven’t used an equivalent 18x as the Meopta and Swarovski.

The binos that I am most interested in comparison to those two, are the Leica Geovid R 15x’s.

OP
canyonhunter47
The binos that I am most interested in comparison to those two, are the Leica Geovid R 15x’s.
Would the relatively small FOV of 15’s likely be a problem for the ‘ranging-ballistic solution-shot execution’ workflow compared to 10x RF binos? (225 ft @ 1000 yards for the geovid R’s vs 300-380ish for most 8-10x) A single 15x RF optic could be attractive for Coues and some desert mule deer hunts where I almost never use the 10x anyways

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Shoot2HuntU
Would the relatively small FOV of 15’s likely be a problem for the ‘ranging-ballistic solution-shot execution’ workflow compared to 10x RF binos?

Yes it would be.

(225 ft @ 1000 yards for the geovid R’s vs 300-380ish for most 8-10x) A single 15x RF optic could be attractive for Coues and some desert mule deer hunts where I almost never use the 10x anyways

The draw isn’t to replace 10x laser binos, but to have a RF in the 15x’s while hunting with a partner.