$15,000 Reward for Missing Haul Road Hunter Steve Keel - OP updated to show locations

thawk8541

FNG
i don’t have much to add to this post so I’m reluctant to send this reply.

But, him being a former marine has almost 0% to do with his outcome, what he was trained on ~50 years ago is completely irrelevant, especially not knowing his MOS. An 03xx vs 35xx be 01xx jobs have vastly different training requirements. So let’s rule that out for the sake of surviving whatever alaska can throw at a person (serial killer person, or bear, or….?). Again I hate to say this, but a former marine myself after a mere 8 years from 00-08 thought it was worth a mention for the “but this” scenario.

This post, while very tragic, is quite eye opening for almost any person in any environment to dot i’s and t’s for this exact scenario. I feel for the family but hope they find some comfort in knowing this story will (potentially) save others
Agree 100% on your assessment and will add that regardless of his MOS, that training was a lifetime ago. I've forgotten so much at this point that it's almost like I never did it.