140 gr. ELD-M Hunting Success

BLJ

WKR
What about a high shoulder shot with the ELDM? In reference to whitetail deer.

BLJ

WKR
Dead deer

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
I agree. I think if there would be any questions on the performance of match bullets on game (expanding or not) a high shoulder shot would eliminate these questions.

amassi

WKR
I agree. I think if there would be any questions on the performance of match bullets on game (expanding or not) a high shoulder shot would eliminate these questions.
Politely- I think there's sufficient evidence to put to bed forever the idea of performance of "match" bullets on game. There's a thread on here devoted to 260rem/6.5 creed on game. Everything from axis deer to Grizzlies and most were some variation of match bullet

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

OP
P

PPace07

FNG
I decided to go with the 143 eldx for this season. By some miracle I found some on midway USA this week!

Lawnboi

WKR

Friends don’t let friend pay Larry an extra 25%
I decided to go with the 143 eldx for this season. By some miracle I found some on midway USA this week!

OP
P

PPace07

FNG
Dang it! Is the site legit, I’ve heard horror stories of people getting scammed on fake websites so I was nervous

Lawnboi

WKR
Dang it! Is the site legit, I’ve heard horror stories of people getting scammed on fake websites so I was nervous
Great place to order from. One that I usually check first.

Understandable to be worried there’s a lot of scam sites now. Generally I look on:

Mile high
Blue collar
Powder valley
Mid south
Scheels
Euro optic

Midway is a last resort

Last edited:
Reactions: Stu
My local gun store has gotten in a large supply of the 140s. I am going to work up a load this weekend for my 6.5 Creedmoor H4350 start 41.5 grains end 42.3 grains. I have a great 143 ELD-X load 41.5 grains H4350.

I wonder if this are too frangible for 6.5 PRC.

doughnut

FNG
Good choice. I have been shooting factory 143 eldx with 100% success on whitetail. I don't reload at the moment, so they are a little expensive, but worth it to me.