130 Grain Federal Terminal Accent 6.5 Creedmoor

Buzzsaw

FNG
Ive been loading my 6.5 Creedmoor with 143ELD-X bullets forever. I've slowed to a stop on reloading. Getting old,lazy and premium factory stuff these days is very accurate. I bought a box of the Terminal Accent 130 grain. They are shooting 2733 fps through my 20" Proof Carbon barrel with my suppressor.

I guess my question is who's shooting this bullet on game (Whitetail deer). Any issues?

omicron1792

Lil-Rokslider
Ive been loading my 6.5 Creedmoor with 143ELD-X bullets forever. I've slowed to a stop on reloading. Getting old,lazy and premium factory stuff these days is very accurate. I bought a box of the Terminal Accent 130 grain. They are shooting 2733 fps through my 20" Proof Carbon barrel with my suppressor.

I guess my question is who's shooting this bullet on game (Whitetail deer). Any issues?
I harvested 4 whitetail last year with 130 TA from 6.5 PRC. All died but none DRT. The bullet shoots great from accuracy standpoint, but was underwhelmed from a terminal ballistic standpoint.

matthewmt

WKR
I havent killed anything with the TA but they are really consistent and fast.

If I hunt my 300wm this yr I'll be shooting 200 gr TA so I will see how they perform.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Shoot2HuntU
130gr TA. 676 yards

IMG_0353.jpeg

1,940fps impact. Half inch above tip of blade. No bones. Multiple more were identical. Approx .40cal expansion, pistol bullet wounds.

IMG_0024.jpeg

At high impact velocities (2,500-2,400fps) the wounds are fine. Below that, and wounds are Barnes TTSX size with corresponding animal behavior from those wounds- relatively long incapacitation times and longer distance traveled after the hit.

I have used them the past few years, i like them considering the ranges I’m willing to shoot game.

With the 6.5 creed we have, i have seen a few elk killed with the TA, 7-10 deer, a lion, and 3 bears, and I like the bullet, but will be shifting to the eldm/x as I run out, because it’s easier to find them, and don’t think there is any advantage with the TA vs the eld’s

KenLee

WKR

From what I've seen, 6.5 Creed speed TA is too hard for my liking on whitetail.

plebe

Lil-Rokslider
I have used them the past few years, i like them considering the ranges I’m willing to shoot game.

With the 6.5 creed we have, i have seen a few elk killed with the TA, 7-10 deer, a lion, and 3 bears, and I like the bullet, but will be shifting to the eldm/x as I run out, because it’s easier to find them, and don’t think there is any advantage with the TA vs the eld’s

Can you elaborate on shot distances and performance on the deer? Thanks.

plebe

Lil-Rokslider
130gr TA. 676 yards

View attachment 751654

1,940fps impact. Half inch above tip of blade. No bones. Multiple more were identical. Approx .40cal expansion, pistol bullet wounds.

View attachment 751655

At high impact velocities (2,500-2,400fps) the wounds are fine. Below that, and wounds are Barnes TTSX size with corresponding animal behavior from those wounds- relatively long incapacitation times and longer distance traveled after the hit.

Any experience with how they perform terminally at even higher velocities (2,700-2,500 fps)?

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Shoot2HuntU
Any experience with how they perform terminally at even higher velocities (2,700-2,500 fps)?

I meant “at higher impact velocities- 2,400 to 2,500fps and above” the wound channels are fine. They are a heavily bonded bullet designed for near 100% weight retention- they are not going to create dramatic wound channels.

S-3 ranch

WKR
I’m curious why you chose the terminal assent for deer ? Is it the consistency of quality and speed
Imo , Norma , hornday American Wt, S&B , fiochi
All make bullets in 129-156gr that will crush deer- caribou size game @ $20 per box
My favorite for all NA game is federal blue box & Norma whitetail
They are accurate, have great terminal results in our camp ( .243-.30-06)
But the TA does look good in test

Last edited: