129 SST loads for 6.5 CM

SoYoCo

FNG
Has anyone had any luck loading the 129 SST’s for the creed? My father in law has a Mesa that loves them, and I’m building a 6.5 and would like to try them out as hand loads. He has seen great terminal performance on both eastern whitetail and western mulies. I would love some feedback, and hopefully get some powder recommendations. I’ll be shooting a 22” bartlein, and magazine feeding these.

Vern400

WKR
My brothers 6.5 creed shoots 140 SST very well with max load of Varget and mag length. Varget is not a fast powder for 6.5 but works well. Pretty impressive out to 500.yards.. And that's where the need for speed increases a little. If I were loading for it I would probably pick a faster powder for 6.5 creedmoor. Varget taps out a little bit slow.

I dunno if it helps your info bank but figured I'd mention my 18" Bergara gets 2820 FPS with factory Superformance 129 SST and is darn close to as accurate as it is with the ELD-M/X, within minute of shooter error honesty. Might look at the Superformance though I hear it's picky. FWIW

Dualsight

FNG
I have good performance using SST's and Varget powder. My rifle likes them, my son's rifle loves them. We both have better groups with 123 SST, but the 129 SST is almost as good. And Varget does better speed-wise with these lighter bullets than the 140's.