100 Grain and 125 grain Broadheads - Is there a difference?

Beendare

WKR
I look at it this way;

What are we asking that BH to do? In some cases a BH will hit some pretty tough stuff. I just can't think of a reason NOT to use a strong BH. The more steel, the better....within reason of course.

Personally, I shoot 150 gr heads...and if you compare these stronger steel heads to the replaceable blade 100gr heads side by side, there is NO comparison.

MattB

WKR
I am of the opinion that I'd rather have the added material in the BH which is the component that does the most work which is the BH. While the added durability is probably not much, I will take it.

2blade

WKR
I've been shooting 60lb bows for years and all of these bows ibo 340fps or higher, I draw 29" They will all shoot a 29" 340 with a 125gr fixed blade head well, 100grs is a tad to stiff. They will also shoot 300 spined arrows with 150gr heads and a 50gr insert well, so 200grs up front. Heavier heads are stronger than lighter heads and I prefer the strength. I also, over anything else prefer perfect arrow flight and those 125gr heads on those 340's achieve that. Go with the head that gives you perfect arrow flight. If your draw length is shorter than 29", you might need to lengthen the arrow or go to 150's. If your draw length is longer, so longer arrow needed, those 100's would probably work best.

mauiarcher

Lil-Rokslider
You might get better flight shooting 125's if you have 60lb draw weight shooting 340's , depending upon the length of your arrow. Buy a pack of each and see if you can tell a difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This....

Depending on your bow, DL, arrow length, etc, 340 spine might be stiff and the heavier head may tune better. I would suggest starting with different weighted field point to tune you bow/arrows (cheaper than broad heads)

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk