Zombie coyotes

I have had a couple coyotes down recently that suddenly came back to life. Onw was laying on its back not moving for 15 seconds, when I turned my attention away for a minute, poof, disappeared. One I popped this morning bucked, flopped, and layed flat as a pancake for 30 seconds then got up and ran off. Ive shot enough coyotes to know they are tough as nails, and seen them run 100 yard dragging their back end. But this playing possum stuff is new to me. Anyone else see them do this?

Nine Banger

WKR
Shoot2HuntU
We trapped 2 coyotes this year on the same night.

I trap on both sides of a dirt road at my place and my neighbors place. He caught one. I caught one.

He dispatched his and then set it aside to show me after work and when we went to look it was gone.

Found it in cover about 50 yards away.

He took it out of trap, moved it, handled it, sat on it for a while, etc. and thought it was stone cold dead at the time.

It was a teachable moment for him about full metal jacket bullets not being good for anything but holes in paper.

OP
R
I found my zombie from this morning. It didnt wander far and decided it liked desth better

Attachments

• 20240902_084832.jpg
    20240902_084832.jpg
    466.5 KB · Views: 16