Zero Shift? Tikka/SWFA/UM Rings

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Shoot2HuntU
Shot another 10 rounds of each today. This time I shot 5 round groups 2x. I shot the hunter drill w/ the .223 in between each 5 round group to keep things cooler. By shot 5 of each though there was some level of mirage so for the next one I'll do 4/4/3.

I'm testing 2 things here.
1 - POI difference between my handloads (on right and factory ammo on left).
2 - POI difference between a solid rest at the range and shooting off my pack.

The 10/16 targets are in the previous post and were shot off an ammo box with a pint size game changer taped to it. The top 10/26 targets were shot the same way and the bottom one was shot off my pack with a molinator tied to it and my bino harness as a rear bag.

I'm down to 10 rounds of my handloads left and have a local hunt in a few weeks so I'm going to get through that then I'll shoot one more group with whatever's left to finish out Test 1.

Test 2 really just started today with my first group off the pack. So far it doesn't seem like there's a difference, but I'll get to 30 rounds of each and then compare (and adjust zero for the new ammo).

I'm uncertain if I'm going to adjust zero .2 mil left with my handloads until I finish 30 rounds of the factory ammo and compare the impact from pack vs solid rest.
View attachment 782237

This is how knowledge and truth is found.

And, I wouldn’t touch the zero until you finish the test. See where all 30 go, then you’ll have a very high confidence factor.