Zenbivy with a Cot?

SloppyJ

WKR
I need a new sleep setup as i blew the side out of my mummy bag one night with my leg. I absolutely hate mummy bags.

The zenbivy checks all of my boxes but i also do a lot of truck camping while fishing in the spring where i normally bring a cot. Is there any way to rig it up to work on a cot? I wouldn't think so but thought id ask. Maybe someome else here has ran into this before. Worst case, I imagine you get a sheet for your cot and call it a day.

Ive never seen one in person so i have a hard time imagining the options.

I mean, the quilt works just like a normal blanket so you could just sleep on the cot and use the quilt. You could also use your sleep pad for more cushion on the cot and just drop the whole zenbivy system on the cot rather than the ground.

I've had this same question for some time. I always use a pad or two on my cot. Flopping around all night always results in my bag being twisted up. I love my chilkoot bag but this is something I'm very interested in.

cjdewese

WKR
I use mine on a long wide alpine tensor sleeping pad. Those dimensions are 76"x25" and it works fine.

I'd say as long as your cot is a similar dimension it should work.

If not, like others have said just throw your pad on your cot and it should be good.

Last edited:
OP
SloppyJ

SloppyJ

WKR
Youre going to need some insulation below you, like an air pad on top of the cot

Totally fine without it here in the south. I hate bags so much the last few years ive stolen an old blanket and just wrapped up in it to sleep.

OP
SloppyJ

SloppyJ

WKR
I've had this same question for some time. I always use a pad or two on my cot. Flopping around all night always results in my bag being twisted up. I love my chilkoot bag but this is something I'm very interested in.

Glad im not the only one! I thought it might be a stupid question but glad i asked.

I dont think the sheet is going to fit over a cot. Typically theyre bigger than a pad. Maybe the best option is to use the pad but just barely inflated. I can see myself rolling off of it onto the ground if its blown up all the way.

I don't even want to try to fit the sheet on my cot, just haven't been sure if anyone else was doing this.

I really like a self-inflating pad for my cot. It has a face fabric that doesn't want to slide around like most air pads. Otherwise, I just use a closed cell foam pad. I also often use both.

Keep me/us posted if you end up doing it. There's not a lot of good options for us side/belly sleepers.