Zeiss Victory SF 8x42 On the Way

I finally after many years have a set of alpha glass on the way. I compared the NL Pures and the SFs and the value to performance was greater on the demo set of Victory SF I purchased. Zeiss glass looks good to my eyes with natural color renditions and sharpness.

Anyone here got Victory SFs?

Now that you’ve had them for a few weeks how are you getting along with your Victory SFs? Bought mine shortly after the black version came out back in 2017. Truly enjoy them and cannot say enough about the well saturated and very easy view, natural colors, and incredibly balanced ergonomics/haptics and handling. A true gem that just feels great in the hand. The focus mechanism is just incredible - guess that’s why they named it “Smart Focus”.

schmalzy

WKR
Have a pair of 10x42s I picked up on here. Very pleased. Looked through some NLs, and they were awesome, but not enough to get me off the SFs.

That being said I want a pair of 8x30ish to add to the stable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

golfbum

WKR
I had the SF, loved them and have been through a lot of optics looking for something better (to my eyes they were awesome).

I have settled on some Noctovids as I love the colors and compact package compared to the SF. With that said I often think about selling/trading to go back to the SF. The pair I had was special to my eyes.

The SF fit my face better then any bino I have owned as well.

OP
General RE LEE
Now that you’ve had them for a few weeks how are you getting along with your Victory SFs? Bought mine shortly after the black version came out back in 2017. Truly enjoy them and cannot say enough about the well saturated and very easy view, natural colors, and incredibly balanced ergonomics/haptics and handling. A true gem that just feels great in the hand. The focus mechanism is just incredible - guess that’s why they named it “Smart Focus”.

They are awesome! I’ve looked through NL Pures and they are nice as well but the FOV, edge to clarity, low light performance, ergonomics paired with demo versions going $1K less than NL Pures is a winner.