Zeiss Victory HT Riflescope Opinions

Anyone use this rifle scope? Looking at a used one with non-illuminated Plex (#06) in
2.5-10x50. Would go on a whitetail rifle in 270. Currently has a VX-3i on it.

So I have and used a DIavari 2.5-10 T with a #8 reticle and find this very bright in low light conditions.

Kimmo H

FNG
I have only used the 3-12x56 HT, but I'd guess the little brother must be in the same league. Darkness is where the HT shines the most in my opinion. In broad daylight the glass is pretty good as would expect, but nothing extraordinary. The eye relief seems to be marginally shorter / not as forgiving compared to V4, V6 and V8 lines, and the shape of the scope body in 3-12 can be limiting for those not running a picatinny rail, as the tube is quite short.

In the last minutes of light the HT's picture remains pretty detailed and sharp, where lesser glass will start to black out and fade details and shape, and that to me is what makes them worth the $ in my eyes.

I think it is still among the top low light scopes, even though the HT has been in production for a relatively long time. I do not own one, but I have tried them out a few times in work related occasions.

That said I'd rather take an illuminated one if low light is your primary use, as it helps tremendously when it get like middle of the night dark. Decent scopes anyway :)