Zeiss Victory HT Binoculars

TURNER208

FNG
Anyone have some opinions or pros cons to these binos? Im talking about the 42mm objective models that are now discontinued. Thanks in advance

PHo

WKR
I personally loved them when I tried them. When I decided to upgrade they had been discontinued, so I went with SLCs instead. But if they were still making them those would be the binos I own.

OP
T

TURNER208

FNG
Bump. Just curious if there are some more opinions or first hand experience out there?

id_jon

WKR
I have a pair and really like them. They were my first alpha glass, and I haven't compared them to much else really. I think they're probably on the bigger side compared to similar level glass? If you're in the Boise area I'd be happy to meet up if you want to look through them.

OP
T

TURNER208

FNG
Used to live in Boise for quite a awhile, but up in Montana now. I appreciate the offer and the insight. There is a guy I met locally looking to sell his and has a pretty good price on them, but as they are discontinued I can't go really compare them at a store locally.

The Victory HTs are and AK prism glass that is very bright and very sharp. The FOV is pretty standard (pre-SF and NL), and the handling and focuser are quite good but not as good as the SF. If available for a good price they are not likely to disappoint. Do I think they’d make a good hunting binocular = absolutely.

OP
T

TURNER208

FNG
Thanks spiral! Going to look at them this weekend I appreciate all the info given here.

MTForester

Lil-Rokslider
Victory HT 10x42s have been my primary glass since 2016.
I really like them, definitely a traditional view: they don’t have field flatteners.

At the center they are the sharpest optics I’ve looked through. They do soften noticeably at the edges. The colors are very natural in my opinion and as mentioned, they are very bright.