ZEISS Victory Harpia-Thoughts

tpick21

FNG
Have an opportunity to buy a Harpia for reduced cost, what is the general opinion on the ZEISS victory harpia 85mm?

Solm

FNG
I have the harpia 85mm. It's really good.
Previously had a Swarovski atx 95mm, but found the relatively narrow field of view unusable.
The harpia is much wider at low magnification, to the point that you can point it in the general direction and the subject will be in there.

The focus has a geared mechanism, which is hard to explain, but it starts off fine tuning, then switches to a faster focus. When you arrive at your subject, you focus just past, then home in on the fine tune.
Not sure i'd know if it was there if I hadn't read about it. So it's obviously fairly well designed / intuitive.

Similarly, never noticed the aperture thing at lower magnification. It's plenty bright throughout.

I'd also consider the latest kowa models, which seem to get good reviews.
And the swarovskis

I have one and it’s pretty amazing. Agree with the post above about the FOV.
The focus is amazing in my opinion. Hard to explain but extreeeeemely easy to get focused quickly!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here is the official rokslide review explaining the wide FOV and only downside to these spotters (exit pupil changing). I have the 95 and zero complaints.