Zeiss V6 options

WKR

WKR
Looking at a V6 3-18×50 for my next rifle,
I'm wondering if they offer a locking windage turret on the v6?
Also does the #6 reticle come illuminated and with exposed turrets or is that option only available in the zmoa-2 reticle?

I have one and really like it. My 2 sons have V4s.

No illimination and its a covered windadge dial. I have the exposed elevation turret and the #6 reticle. I don't think they make an illuminated one in V6. I dial so I really like the #6 reticle, simple and easy to see.

The V6 has better glass but the V4s are nice also. I have had no issues with holding 0. I've hunted hard with mine riding around in trucks, ATVs and even fell over a few times, not far but hit the ground. No horror stories and stayed spot on. My sons shot their elk at 660 and 600 yards last year with the V4's, they did not baby the scope!!!!

Reactions: WKR

rojocop

FNG
Like another poster, I have a Zeiss HD5 5-25×50 on my Tikka T3-X. I luckily got the RZ-1000 reticle and mate, it's easily the best glass I have ever looked through. Can I bang it around like an NF? No. But it's super clear, accurate as hell, and quality.

Based on my research, the V6 offers a locking windage turret. And the V6 reticle comes with exposed turrets, but it is not illuminated. Illumination is only available in the ZMOA-2 reticle.

choovhntr

WKR
Spoke with a zeiss rep at sheep show back in January and he said a capped windage turret and more illuminated reticles options are in the works for the v6. Basically the same update they did for the v4 a few years back. It sounded like it was going to happen soon, but I’ve been told that before from gear companies and it’s taken years. I’m waiting for the same thing. I did also like the Leica amplus 6 a lot too. They had a demo model with a new reticle in the 3-18 model. It checked all the boxes the v6 would if they do update it.

OP
WKR

WKR

WKR
Spoke with a zeiss rep at sheep show back in January and he said a capped windage turret and more illuminated reticles options are in the works for the v6. Basically the same update they did for the v4 a few years back. It sounded like it was going to happen soon, but I’ve been told that before from gear companies and it’s taken years. I’m waiting for the same thing. I did also like the Leica amplus 6 a lot too. They had a demo model with a new reticle in the 3-18 model. It checked all the boxes the v6 would if they do update it.
I've been looking really hard at the leupold vx6 3-18x50...has everything I wish the zeiss v6 had. But im unsure of the glass quality compared to the German glass

choovhntr

WKR
Never compared the two side by side but I will say the zeiss v6 slightly edges out my nightforce nx8 for glass quality. It seems the zeiss has a better reputation for maintaining tracking than the leupold and is why I never paid much attention to the vx6. I wish there were more tests performed on the amplus 6. I was very impressed with it and actually liked the turrets better than the zeiss. To me repeatability is more important than the slight difference in glass clarity once you get to the upper tier scopes from these manufacturers. The only reason I’m looking at something different than a nightforce for this particular rifle is weight and magnification range. It’s a sub six lb magnum with a nxs 5.5-22 on it. Balances a little weird, and would like to have a 3-18 power range instead for quick shots. The zeiss is 8oz lighter than the nxs.

GreyBeck

Lil-Rokslider
any easy windage turret cap fix on V6 3-18x50? (other than tape) I was told you can either have both capped or neither - and elevation I like it uncapped w/the zero stop. the windage I'll never touch again once zeroed and always worry it got a spin one way or the other when pulling it out or putting it away. critters tend to not like a test shot...

OP
WKR

WKR

WKR
any easy windage turret cap fix on V6 3-18x50? (other than tape) I was told you can either have both capped or neither - and elevation I like it uncapped w/the zero stop. the windage I'll never touch again once zeroed and always worry it got a spin one way or the other when pulling it out or putting it away. critters tend to not like a test shot...
You would have to have it done custom and have someone machine in threads, but I don't even know if anyone would do that.