Zeiss Scopes

Curious if anyone here has used the Zeiss Z600 and Zeiss Z800 scopes?

I have never owned one, but am looking to buy a new scope. I currently own Nikon and Leupold's.

Any info would be appreciated.

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
The Zeiss Conquest Series is a fine scope. I had a 3-9X40 Conquest with Rapid Z600 and liked it a lot. It was not hard to match my drops to the reticle using the Zeiss online calculator, and field verification. A very nice scope.

The Victory line is even better.

Nothing Leupold or Nikon currently makes (I have not seen the VX-6 yet - It is supposed to be really nice) are the optical equal of either Zeiss line. Also, the Conquest series is Assembled in the good ol' USA.

OP
J
Thanks for the response. That's all I needed to know. I'm looking at getting one for either my Browning X-Bolt 7mm-08 or my Savage .300 Win Mag. I use the Hornaday Superformance ammo in all my rifles,so it seemed like a good fit.

In your opinion, is the 3.5 x 10 a fit for both guns, or the 4.5 x 14 the better fit for the .300?

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
I think the 3.5-10 would work well for both, but the 4.5-14 is a nice scope as well. I think the Z600 would be a good match for the 7-08, and the Z800 would be better for the 300.

OP
J
Now, I have a decision to make. I deer hunt and elk hunt with the 7mm-08. Only elk hunt with it when I am in places that won't have long distance shots. I mainly elk hunt with the .300.

B

bearguide

i agree with bitterroot bulls, the ballistic match up with the 300 - 800 scope really close, check out the zeiss ballistic calculator on the zeiss site