Zeiss reticle for hunting

T.C

FNG
I'm looking at getting a zeiss v4 4-16×50 illuminated reticle. This will be my first tree style reticle and wanna make sure I get the best for hunting mostly and some target shooting. Trying to choose from the zbi #68 and the zmoai t30 #64. Any help is appreciated. Was looking at the tenmile but don't want mrad wanna stick to moa. Thanks

Last edited:
Mil = mrad. Perhaps you meant moa, which seems easier at first but ultimately turns out to be a worse user experience.

Some of the most experienced folks here recommend not using a tree reticle for hunting, you can see more of their thoughts here:

OP
T

T.C

FNG
Mil = mrad. Perhaps you meant moa, which seems easier at first but ultimately turns out to be a worse user experience.

Some of the most experienced folks here recommend not using a tree reticle for hunting, you can see more of their thoughts here:
Yea I meant moa. Just what I've always had and don't wanna change. These are pretty simple reticles just didn't know if one may be better than other for hunting. Low light is pretty important for me which is why the illumination will come in handy. Would like to stretch my tikka ctr some but still be able to hunt it. The tenmile 4-24 was intriguing but just don't want mils and think the zeiss will serve me well enough. Wanna stick with 3 or 4x on low end.

Cynoscion

Lil-Rokslider
For what it’s worth, you can find the Tenmile in MOA. I have one and found it on Sportsman’s Warehouse relatively cheap.

OP
T

T.C

FNG
This is the only reticle I liked in ten mile and credo that was only center illumination.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230512_104958_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230512_104958_Chrome.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 42

crrakcrrak

Lil-Rokslider
I have the ZMOA1 in my 6-24, I really like it and being in AZ, went without illumination.
My father thinks the ZMOA is "too busy" (becuase of the ticks along the crosshair) so he got the #20 Zplex reticle in his 4-16. The ticks on the ZMOA don't serve much purpose unless you're on full power.
We dial for everything too

OP
T

T.C

FNG
Thanks I ended up with a trijicon credo hx 4-16x50 couldn't pass up for 799 just hope the illumination gets dim enough will see

I use the 68 on all of my rifles.

I’m ordering a #68 reticle Zeiss Conquest V4 4-16x50 for a 6mm ARC gasser. I want to use holds in the field as well as dialing. I’ve watched some videos of this reticle and it’s exactly what I’m looking for.