Zeiss repair

NaturalJon

Lil-Rokslider
Has anyone ever sent in a rifle scope for repairs? Is the process very difficult? I am just a little confused as what to do after reading the website. Any insight would be much appreciated. Thanks

Shrek

WKR
I've sent the same scope back twice for a bad erector and three of my friends have for the same thing. Call and then send it in and forget about it because if it is anything like my and my friends experience it's going to be anywhere from 8 to 12 weeks in a black hole before it reappears. They obviously half assed fixed mine the first time because it didn't hold for a hundred shots and I'm not real sure it isn't going bad again. I need to load a hundred for the rifle it's on and test it. My friends dumped their scopes as soon as they came back but I'm a slow learner it seems. Zeiss erectors and service made me pony up and try Swarovski and I'm hooked for life on both the performance and service.

NaturalJon,
If you go to the Zeiss website, there is a form you fill out and forward it to them requesting service. They will then respond with a "reference number" in an e-mail which you then print the entire e-mail, and enclose it in the package when you send it to Zeiss. I sent my Zeiss Victory 8 X 45 RF binoculars back to Zeiss last week because the case was cracked near the hinge in front. I am hoping to get better results with them than what I got with my 3 X 9 Diavari C scope I returned because it seemed to quit holding it's zero. I got it back after three weeks, no charge. They replaced the erector spring, but I could see black specks near the crosshair in the field of view. I sold it not knowing what else was screwed up with it. I now have a Swaro Z5 with BRH, and Swaro Range EL. The Zeiss Victory RF will be for sale as soon as I get them back from Zeiss.

Last edited:

Mjm316

Lil-Rokslider
Call customer service and tell them your issue. They will have you send it to them with a note stating what is wrong with the scope. I have used them 2 times for warranty issues with a spotting scope and have had very good results. One time was no fault of mine and one was 100% my fault. They took very good care of me both times. Both times I was in a pinch and needed my spotter back in a short amount of time. They said no problem get us a shipping number and we will send you a loaner free of charge. I had this happen both times. On a side note I made sure I kept in contact with them and got a shipping number from them to track the loaner scope. Both times it took 2-3months to receive my repaired or replaced scope back. Good luck

I had a pair of Conquest HDs, that came with a small chip/scratch on one of the lenses, I sent it in, and they sent me a brand new pair the next week. Great experience for me.

Shrek

WKR
I had a pair of Conquest HDs, that came with a small chip/scratch on one of the lenses, I sent it in, and they sent me a brand new pair the next week. Great experience for me.

So fresh from the box your $1000 Zeiss Conquest HD's were defective ? What's great about having to have your brand new binoculars replaced because of poor quality control ?

So fresh from the box your $1000 Zeiss Conquest HD's were defective ? What's great about having to have your brand new binoculars replaced because of poor quality control ?

They were open box demos.... or else I would agree with you

Just talked to Zeiss C S about my RF Binos. The lady told me that they return them all to Germany for all repairs, and I should get them back in 10 to 12 weeks. YIKES !!!!!!!!

Mtnboy

WKR
Glad this popped up.

I have a Zeiss scope that the wife took a tumble with this year, it needs looked at. Is there any charge if the problem is your fault?

I have sent a pair of Zeiss Dialyt 7 X 42 binos back two different times because the eye piece cracked (in the 20 years I owned them), and they returned them looking like new both times- no charge.
I sent the aforementioned Diavari-C scope back after 25 years, and they replaced the erector spring and returned it to me - again no charge.

When I spoke to the CS lady Monday about my Zeiss Victory Bino RF, she did advise me that there would be no charge for the repairs, although it would take 10 to 12 weeks to get them back.

Zeiss CS is top notch as far as taking care of their customers, I'm just not sure the quality is there as it once was. I had black specks in the field of view near the crosshair when I got the scope back. I feel they should have noticed that as easily as I did.
Not really positive about the name, but I remember reading somewhere that all Zeiss scope repairs are now being done by Meopta or Minox or someone like that (not really sure about the name).

Can't say for sure, but I think they will repair for free as long as it is a Zeiss product.

Carson76

FNG
Glad this popped up.

I have a Zeiss scope that the wife took a tumble with this year, it needs looked at. Is there any charge if the problem is your fault?
I just sent in a spotting scope that needed the button replaced to release the eyepiece. They sent my scope to Germany and sent me a repair for $1400 for the scope and $480 for the eyepiece. They said it apparently needs completely rebuilt and it's not covered. I personally would never consideIr another zeiss product of any kind They have the worst repair service I have ever dealt with. I have 3 Swarovski spotting scopes and several binoculars and Swarovski has excellent warranty and repair services. They have replaced all 4 lenses in my older slc binoculars for less than $250. I have no idea how zeiss could possibly calculate a $1800 repair on a scope with no external damage. I attached a few photos of my spotting scope. It has no external damage and basically looks like new. I also attached the repair estimate from zeiss. The button to release my eyepiece is missing in one photo. I just wanted them to fix that button and this is what they told me. After multiple phone calls I chose not to fix my scope and I will never purchase another zeiss product of any kind. In my opinion that button is a warranty issue it shouldn't have fell off in the first place and you cannot remove the eyepiece without it. They're estimate sounds like I got my scope from the bottom of a lake and through it off a rock cliff. There isn't a scratch in the exterior and nothing is damaged anywhere on the outside but according to zeiss it has internal damage. Good luck if you choose to purchase a zeiss spotting scope
Has anyone ever sent in a rifle scope for repairs? Is the process very difficult? I am just a little confused as what to do after reading the website. Any insight would be much appreciated. Thanks
I just sent in my spotting scope with the button missing to release my eyepiece. I cannot get the eyepiece off without it. They sent my scope to Germany and sent me this bill. $1411 for the scope and $558 for the eyepiece. When I tried to remove the eyepiece apparently it can unscrew internally and then it will not change power or focus. Honestly I'm not sure but the eyepiece will not release. The scope is just missing the button. Either way this bill is outrageous. I will never purchase another zeiss product Swarovski has a much better service department and warranty. I have 2 spotting scopes and several binoculars from Swarovski. I have had all 4 lenses replaced and in my binoculars and the bill was under $250 for my 10x42 slc. They came back looking brand new. Swarovski is replacing the lense in my spotting scope currently and that bill was $50. I have no idea what zeiss repair service could possibly be fixing for $1900 but they will not get it fro.me. if you choose to purchase them over Swarovski I would seriously consider the customer support. Swarovski is unmatched

Attachments

• 20230213_233523.jpg
    20230213_233523.jpg
    179.9 KB · Views: 7
  • 20230213_234246.jpg
    20230213_234246.jpg
    360.3 KB · Views: 6
  • 20230213_233751.jpg
    20230213_233751.jpg
    314.6 KB · Views: 6
  • Screenshot_20230328_075702_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230328_075702_Gallery.jpg