Zeiss Optics/Outdoorsman Tripod

muleman

WKR
Except digiscoping can get you much longer focal lengths. Also, some digiscoping setups can provide surprisingly good photos. Also quality DSLR lenses over 500mm are prohibitively expensive and HUGE.

Handholding like Aron describes can get good photos, but if you want to get good digiscoped video, a dedicated adapter is essential, IMO.

Bitterroot, I agree with all of your comments. I also should clarify what I was saying about the best quality. I was referring to professional level photos (Moose Peterson) vs scouting quality photos that are digiscoped. It'll depends what our expected result is.

If I want to sell a print, I'm using a dedicated camera and lens. If I'm scouting or hunting I don't carry a DSLR, lenses, etc and a spoting scope.

Big glass and high dollar cameras are not necessary to take good pictures, they sure can help. Good wildlife photos can be taken with small focal lengths. Just like stalking an animal for a shot with a bow. We can stalk an animal with a camera.

cmeier117

WKR
Just got the binoharness from Rick and it really is slick. I am needing a good one for this year since I am using a rangefinder/bino combo and it seems to fit the bill really well!!